part 15

CALEB
"one more month!" micah shouts ecstatically as we walk down the hall towards the lunch room. i smile at him and grab his hand, our fingers intertwined.

micah has definitely learned to avoid his mother, plus i've been spending a lot of time with him. he's been realizing that he's an actual boy and that it's not a phase.

"yep, one more month." i say once we take a seat an empty table. we were a very isolated duo due to the fact we were both gay and trans, we didn't care though. i just hoped someone else at school would have enough courage to come out.

micah and i were very open about our sexuality and relationship. most people are scared to come out, believe me i sure as hell was but i overcame that fear and i'm very open about who i am. of course i don't tell people i'm a trans boy, i tell them i'm a real boy and that makes life easier to because i can easily pass as one. the world is a scary place for people apart of the lgbtq+ community so i'm very careful.

"have you planned where we're going to live? and what we're going to do? do you even know what college you're going to? because i do-" micah rambles, soon getting interrupted by my chuckles.

"babe, calm down. it's all handled and of course i know what college i'm going to!" i say in reassurance, trying my best to calm the small boy down. "also, your birthday is coming up soon."

he blushed and nodded, "yep! june first." i smiled at him as i looked over my maths test book, frowning at the problems i would need to study.

"what do you want, baby?" i ask him and he simply shrugs. i roll my eyes playfully, opening my mouth to speak but soon closing it once an unknown person walks up to our table.

"you're the schools gay couple right?" asks the unknown girl. of course most people knew her, besides me since i was still fairly new to the high school. we both nodded, a cautious look on both of our faces.

"i'm madeline, school reporter and i'd like to say i appreciate how bold you both are. what you two put up with must take some hardcore balls." she states causing micah to giggle and me to smile.

"i mean yea, we do get the snarky comments and some weird and uncomfortable questions but we don't let it bother us. we're proud to he together." i day as i hold micah's hand and smile widely at him.

"i also heard that you're both trans?" she asks and we both happily nod. i have nothing to be embarrassed about and i'm finally happy that micah is embracing it as well. "wow, i wish some of the kids here had the balls like you two do. like me for example, i've been closeted since middle school and honestly, i want to be open about it." she laughs quietly.

i send her a weak smile, "just takes time. find someone who'll accept you and definitely make sure your parents are accepting. don't be embarrassed about who you are, embrace it."

"definitely embrace it, that's what i've done. caleb has taught me that i should never be afraid to be who i am and you have to accept yourself first." micah speaks up and i smile happily at him. that's my boy.

"caroline, the girl with the red hair, she's openly bisexual and i've had a crush on her since i've started liking girls but i could never do anything about it. i'm scared i would lose the reporter job." madeline said truthfully as i nodded along, indicating that i was listening.