part 13

CALEB

everyone sat around the round ish table, smiling and laughing. tonight was going great so far and i couldn't wait for monica to propose.

"are you guys ready to order?" the waiter asks. his voice is oddly familiar and i look up, gasping quietly.

"travis?" i ask as i cock my head to the side like a confused puppy.

"caleb? oh hey!" he says happily causing me to smile. he smiles back and i earn confused glances from everyone around the table.

"how rude of me," i say as i turn my attention back to my family. "travis, this my mom, my sister, monica, and her girlfriend, lauren. everyone this is travis, micah's brother." i finish and everyone smiles saying hello.

"i didn't know you worked here. part time or full time?" i ask him.

"full time, dropped out to help the family since my old man doesn't help very much." he says sadly and i frown. "but i'm supporting my family and i'm heading to college once micah graduates. oh which reminds me, congrats on making him yours." travis says with a wink causing me to blush a dark red.

"i should get back to my job though." travis jokes and i laugh quietly. "so, are y'all ready to order?"

as we ordered i almost forgot about my sisters plan for the night. monica looked nervous but also super happy and excited. i was excited for her, my big sister could be getting married soon which is amazing.

"i'm going to the bathroom." i say quietly and stand up.

"i'll go with." monica says and i give a confused look. "there's a family bathroom here." she says once she reaches me, causing my anxiety to wash away. i dreaded using the me bathrooms but i couldn't use the women bathrooms because well, you know, im a guy.

as we reach the family bathroom i walk in and monica walks in as well. she starts pacing and that's how i know she's freaking out. "what if she says no?" monica asks as i sit on the toilet, doing my business. it's not weird i swear.

"she won't." i simply say as i finish and wash my hands.

"what if i mess up my words?" she practically screams causing me to give her a weird look.

"you won't, monica. trust me, it'll go great." i say and monica sighs loudly, splashing her face with some water.

"alright, lets do this!" she says as she pumps her fists into the air, he dress falling slightly. she immediately lifts it up and puts her arms down.

"lets go, idiot." i say and we both walk out the same time someone walks out one of the other restrooms causing us to bump into them.

"oh i'm- dad?" i gasp and wince afterwards. i hated calling him that because he wasn't my dad, and he never will be. monica walks up next to me as the man i once called dad stands in front of us with his mouth wide open.

"close your mouth you might catch flies." monica scoffs causing me to go pale. if possible, she hated him more than i did.

"that's no way to talk to your old man, monica." he says and i grimace at his words.

"you aren't my dad nor will you ever be." she bites back and i give her a stern look. if we weren't in public she would've knocked him to the ground, i know it.