part 12

CALEB

i woke up around 6am in a completely uncomfortable position. sleeping on a couch is definitely not a good idea. i groaned quietly as i stretched, feeling amazing afterwards.

i got off the couch and walked into the kitchen noticing that my sister was cooking breakfast. "what are you doing up so early?" i asked her as i take a seat on one of our stools, resting my chin on my hand.

"i'm leaving tonight so i decided to make breakfast." monica shrugged and i nodded, yawning loudly. "why are you up so early, was it another nightmare?" monica asked as she shut off the stove.

i shook my head, "i don't like sleeping on the couch so my body woke me up." i mumbled as i looked back over to the couch. micah was sleeping peacefully with a cars blanket wrapped around his body. he looks so cute.

"you're drooling." monica teased, pulling me out of my thoughts. i rolled my eyes.

"i was not drooling. i don't drool." i stated and yawned once again. you were drooling. i groaned inwardly as my brain decided to agree with my sister.

"oh but you were so drooling over him. when are you going to ask him out? like to be your boyfriend." monica asks as she places a cup of coffee in front of me.

"thanks, and i asked him last night." i said and monica gasped. i laughed quietly as i picked up the mug, slowly bringing it to my lips, and taking a drink of it. the hot liquid burning my tongue slightly.

"when last night?" she asks as she cuts up a couple of strawberries, placing them into a bowl afterwards. i shrugged thinking back to last night, or early this morning, and smiling.

"maybe three or four in the morning." i say nonchalantly as i take another sip of the hot drink. monica turns around and places a plate of food in front of me. i thank her quietly as she speaks up again.

"did he say yes? wait that's a stupid question of course he did!" she rambled and i rolled my eyes as i poked at my breakfast, finally deciding on taking a bite of it.

"yeah, he said yes." i said with a huge smile on my face. monica congratulated me and warned me about dating, but i already knew.

"also, you should be in school already? why aren't you?" she says as she takes my, now empty, plate from me. i stand up from my spot and look over at micah, another wide smile plastered on my face.

"i'm going in late today, i'm thinking about going back to online classes. but then micah would be alone." i say as i frown, realizing i'm stuck in a serious situation.

"alright well not too late, okay." monica said as she walked off towards her room. "if micha is hungry, there's plenty of food." i nodded and walked back towards the couch.

i grabbed my glasses off of the table and made my way towards micah tapping him lightly. he stirs slightly and opens his eyes, smiling at me.
"good morning, babe." he says and i blush slightly.

"good morning, love. if you're hungry, monica made food so help yourself. i'm going to shower and when you finish you can come to the room and shower yourself, okay baby?" i say and micah nods his head.

i smile slightly and make my way towards my bathroom. i grab my speaker and plug in my phone blasting random muisc. i check the time and give myself a shower limit, how else am i supposed to get out on time.

6:27am, i should be out by 7:05am.

i get into the shower, turning the water on, and adjusting it to the perfect temperature. i put my head under the shower head, letting the water run down my head. i back away from it and grab my shampoo, washing my hair as i hum along to the smash mouth song that's playing.