part 17

CALEB

"you'll never find someone who'll love you."
"you might be a boy but you're never going to find a gay boy that likes you! because you aren't a boy."
"leave, now. i do not want a disgrace in my house. you disgusting female."

his words hurt but they were words of the past. he was wrong, he was so wrong because i do have someone who loves me and that person will be with me till the end of time. back then, i believed every word he said about how no one was going to love me until my genital reassignment surgery. but in the end, i didn't need it because micah didn't care what was between me legs or on my chest. he loved me for the boy i was, for the boy i am. i wouldn't trade that for the world.

"you ready, baby?" micah asks me as he fixes his tie. i nodded and smiled at him as my thoughts disappeared. "we're going to graduate!" he cheered and i laughed quietly to myself.

"we most definitely are, plus you're eighteen today." i said and kissed his head, a blush forming on his cheeks.

he shoved me lightly and i continued getting ready. we were finally graduating and i was excited because after this i'll be able to move in with my boy. i was also celebrating two important events today, graduation, of course, and micah was eighteen today. my boy became an adult and now he doesn't have to listen to his mom anymore.

"boys? come on!" my mom shouted and we both hurried up, looking at each other with a smile. i grabbed his hand and we walked out of the door, heading towards my mom.

"you two look so handsome!" she gushed and we both thanked her. "okay now i need pictures." she said and made us stand in front of the door.

"mom, this isn't prom." i joked with a slight groan and she shrugged me off.

"oh hush, my son is graduating!" she yelled and micah giggled from beside me. she took a bunch of pictures of us in multiple positions. i tried so hard not to laugh during them.

"alright let's go, we're going to be late." i rushed as i grabbed my phone from the table and threw my mom her keys. i wouldn't mind being late but the quicker we get this over the quicker i can celebrate micah's birthday. "let's get this show on the road."

*^*
i don't know about the kids standing behind me but i was a nervous wreck. the principal was going to call me up any second and i was in front of one kid and two other kids were behind me.there was salgado, me, walters, and young, we were the last ones. micah was waiting for me and he had the biggest smile on his face.

"caleb smith." the voice boomed through the speakers and i breathed, here we go. i walked up the steps and into the stage, shaking his hand and giving him a warm smile.

"thank you, mr. morris." i said as i grabbed my diploma. i smiled widely and walked off of the stage, running into someone on my way off. i looked up and smiled once more. "congratulations madeline." i said to her and she shook my hand.

"congrats, too. also thank you for helping micah set me up. i'm so happy." she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck as i wrapped mine around her waist.

"of course, mads. if you two have kids name one after me." i winked and walked off towards micah. once i reached him, he wrapped his arms around me and i did the same. "we did it." i whispered.

he nodded once he let go, "we finally did it." he mumbled and i grabbed his hand as i stood next to him, listening to the principal finish his words.

"thank you class of 2017! congratulations, little ones." he joked and we all cheered as we tossed our caps. i pulled micah into a kiss and once he kissed back, i smiled widely.