part 6

CALEB

as micah lead me down the hallway to his room, the sound of yelling started to get louder. "those are my brothers." he explained as the noises got even louder. "i share a room with my older brother, travis, and he's always yelling at something."

i nodded my head and waited for micah to open his bedroom door but before he could, a tiny body came running out and knocking into me, almost knocking me down. i could hear micah mutter something under his breath as the little body looked up at me.

"caleb, this is tyler. tyler this is my friend caleb, and i think you should apologize." micah said as he looked at the little boy. the little boy looked back up sheepishly and opened his mouth to speak.

i smiled at him and shook my head, "no need for an apology. nice meeting you tyler." i said and the little boy smiled.

"you too caleb." he said walking off and running into a bedroom.

"how old is he?" i asked as micah walked into his bedroom, i followed behind him. i looked around, the room was in good shape. clean, smelled nice, and it had a lot of space. i'm pretty sure it's the best looking room in this house.

"who's this?" micah's older brother interrupted us. i sent him a nod and he returned the gesture.

"this is my friend caleb. caleb this is my older brother travis." micah said and i nodded, "and tyler is eight."

i walked over to the other side of the room and sat on micah's bed. "are you like trans?" travis asked and i could see micha glare at him. i cringed at the way he worded it but i knew he meant no harm. i looked over at micah and smiled, "calm down babe, it isn't serious. but yes, yes i am."

"that's pretty cool. little micah over there wants to be trans too but mom or pops won't let him." travis said and i could see micah tense, i rested my hand on his and he calmed down slightly. i wanted to say he is trans but he probably wouldn't understand.

"yea, he told me. which is why i've been helping him." i said in a cheery time. i loved helping micah feel like he belongs in this world as a boy. travis smiled at us, and laughed quietly.

"that's actually really nice of you. i'm tired of him trying to take all of my clothes." travis joked and micah rolled his eyes. "so are you two like a thing?" travis asked out of nowhere and i blushed.

micah had started choking on his soda and i looked away, trying to fight the smile on my face. "we're just friends." micah said and i felt my heart drop. but it was true, we've only been friends a month. i had no reason to be upset over the truth.

"yeah," i muttered. "just friends." micah sent me an apologetic look and i shrugged it off. i know we're not a thing and we are just friends, but i like him a lot but if he isn't ready then i'll respect that. however, micah didn't even know about my feelings.

"so you're gay too?" travis asked as he took a seat in the corner, throwing me a can of soda as well. i nodded and set the can down, waiting for it to fizz down before i open it. "you two should date. it would be cute."

i smiled slightly and shook my head, "maybe. just not right now."

^*^*^*^*

hey guys :D i got out of school yesterday (june 5th) and it was litty.
happy pride month
xoxo