Part 11

West household

Barry took a deep breath, thinking of a nice way to break up with Iris. He was getting irritated with himself for the hundredth time in the past 24 hours. He wanted to stay friends with Iris but he knew he wanted to be with Kara too, he loved her.

He never told her that but he did. And he didn't know this but she loved him too. "Hey, Barry!" Iris' voice was heard from behind him.

"Hi, Iris." He said almost shyly.

She was about to lean into kiss him when she saw the uncomfortable look in his eye. "What's wrong?"

This. "Oh uh, I don't know. I-I just think maybe we should slow down?"

"Barry, we've been dating for over a year," Iris stated matter of factly.

'Way to make my problem easier,' he thought to himself, "I-I don't know Iris, I just am having trouble I guess."

"There shouldn't be any trouble Barry, I love you and you love me."

He looked down thinking about how to put this, "Look, Iris, there's really no easy way to say this but After my dad died, I went back in time, to save my mom. I created this whole other universe called Flashpoint. In doing so I realized that it was a mistake, so I tried changing it back but, something's I can't fix."

"What are you getting at?"

"I'm not the same Barry as before. I mean I am but I don't remember somethings..." he gestured between them, "Us, being one of them."

"You don't remember us, ever being together?" Iris asked.

"Uh yeah?"

She looked down, "I see."

He felt a pang of guilt, "I-I'm really sorry Iris."

"So a-are you trying to break up with me?" She asked quietly looking back up into his eyes.

He looked down, and nodded slightly, "I'm sorry Iris, i-I just don't exactly feel the same way anymore."

She nodded, "Yeah, I uh understand."

"Can we uh, still be friends?" He asked.

Iris scoffed, "I think about it."

He nodded sadly, someone's heart was gonna be broken, and it was either his and Kara's or his and Iris'. He couldn't handle the fact that anyone had a broken heart because of him, but with Kara, it'd be more than that. He wanted to do what made him happy, and Kara makes him happy. Of course Iris does too but when she kissed him it was weird. It felt to him as if he were kissing his sister. And kissing Kara was, passionate and filled with love. He loved her so much but he was too afraid to tell her.

STAR Labs

Kara was now going into STAR Labs to talk to Cisco and Caitlin. She walked into the cortex and stood in the doorway. "Um, Caitlin? Cisco?" She rubbed her elbow. They looked at her, and ignored her. She looked down, "I understand why you don't want to talk to me. But I really don't remember killing anyone."

They kept ignoring her, "Please," she paused, "I really need you guys."

"For what? So you can steal my weapons next?" Cisco snarled.