Chapter 6: Stefan

First hour was Pre Calculus. It was boring because I have already learned most of the first semester stuff. Instead of doing my work, I looked at the girl. I think her name was Jackie, but she has a longer name. People stare at her and talk whenever the teacher called her name in attendance. Did she do something? Is she a bad girl? I was knocked out of my stupor when the teacher said my name.

".... Stefan."

"Umm, yeah?"

"Answer my question."

"What was it again?"

The class laughed, and the teacher looked a little irritated. I quickly answered her problem, but not too fast. I tried to make myself look mediocre. Nobody would think I was a complete nerd.

"Thank you, Stefan."

The rest of the morning went the same, although Maria sat by me in second and third. She is pretty, like really pretty, but learned from Case Johnson that in the past two months she has dated two guys, but has banged four. It wasn't even like it was the guys fault either. She was doing it because she wanted to.

"Hey, Stefan."

"Hey, Maria." She twirled a strand of her hair around her fingers.

"Can you help me with this problem?" She scoots her chair closer to mine.

"Yeah."

"Great!" She leans closer.

"Which problem is it?" It looked like all of her work was done.

"It is different than silly History. There is a party Friday, and I need someone to go with." I had to think of something. Although, the one I thought of wasn't the best one.

"I am already going with someone else."

She looked surprised, "Is that so?" She said moving away again.

"But, if you ever need me another time...."

"That's great. Maybe I will get with you sometime." The bell rang.

"Well look at that. Got to go." She got out of her chair and left in a sort of mood.

Lunch was great. I got to socialize and hang out with Jacqueline, Jake, and Christine. While we were at lunch I figured out why everyone looked at her funny during attendance. Her mom was French and her dad, he was full blooded Blackfoot; although, she inherited almost all of her traits from her mom.

"It's the luck of the gene." Jackie said in her smooth voice.

"I guess so." I said. "So, you know how you warned me about Maria?"

"Yeah." Her face turns pink.

"Well, you are right. And we may have a problem."

"We?" She said. "What did you do?"

"She invited me to be her plus one to the party Friday and I said I was already taking someone."

"Well...?"

"I want to take you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyy Penguins. What's up? If you have any critiques or opinions, comment!

Adios,

Wisdomgoddess12