Chapter 19: Jacqueline

I walked out to our normal spots out in the commons for lunch. I saw that Jake and Christine had already beat me there and saved me a spot.

"I'm glad to see you back, cause girl you have miss a lot." Jake said plucking a grape out of my lunch bag as I sat down.

"I know. I almost missed the sign ups for this years photography competition."

Even though it is only district wide, it is highly competitive and only the top three places get rewards.

"It is a good thing you were able to fill out your form in study hall." Christine said.

"The theme this year is super cryptic though." I said while I pull out the rules form.

"A Picture Worth Every Word You Want To Say," I said mulling the words around in my head. "It must be completely natural and in the environment. You must not use others pictures, blah blah blah."

"You are on your own with that one." Jake said stealing another grape. "We don't know what goes on inside that pretty head of yours."

I let Christine and Jake carry on while I got lost in thought. I didn't even know what I wanted to say. I haven't seen Alex all day. I don't think anyone else knew about him being Alex, but it felt weird hearing Stefan all the time.

"Jackie, Hellllllooooo." Jake waved his perfectly manicured hand in my face.

"Yeah, I am good. What are talking about."

"Look." Christine pointed towards the lunch line and I saw Alex come out.

I felt my cheeks grow warm and I turned around in my seat. I tried to focus on my food, but he only made it harder when he sat next to me.

"Is there something we don't know about?" Christine pointing out my face and how close Alex was.

"Um..." I couldn't think of a good excuse.

"Yes." He interceded.

'What the hell?' I thought.

"Oh my God. Why did you not tell us Jackie?" Jake said. He looked a little hurt.

"It's new, I just wanted to see how far it would go...."

"Awe. That's so cute!" Christine said.

I looked over towards his face. He had a smile and he looked completely relaxed. I on the other hand was a complete mess. It was by the grace of God that the bell rang and Christine and Jake got up to throw out their trash.

"So, are we dating now?" I whisper to Alex.

"I guess." He said shrugging.

"We should have, You should have seriously thought that out before we told Jake."

He chuckled and and stood up.

"Coming?" He said gesturing to the building.

"I guess so." I said standing and sighing as we walked in the building.