Chapter 20: Jacqueline

“So, what do you want to do?” Alex laid on my bed, arms spread out.

“Well, I got this new movie the other day….” Alex sat up and grinned.

“Why not.” He said.

I grabbed the movie and put it in the DVD player that set next to the small TV that was in my room. We just laid on the bed for awhile until he had to get a drink.

“I’ll be right back.” He ducked out of the room and I sat on the bed and picked up my phone.

Christine (4)

Hey, I need your help

It’s not for school

Where are you?

Jacqueline?

“Really? Ugh.”

Let me finish this movie real quick

I turned off my phone and tossed it across the room and looked at Alex as he came back in.

“What is it?”

“Christine needs me for something.” I laid back on the pillows in fake exhaustion.

“Well,” He walked over. “Let’s finish up here and then we can go over there.” He leaned over my face, his smirk quickening my heart rate.

I grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me, closing the distance between us. Our lips met in perfect harmony. He reached and cupped my face and I slid my hand into his hair.

“We better go before we forget.” He said leaning back.

I looked at him and pouted while he went to turn off the TV.

“What? Do you want some more?” He said smirking at me.

“I do, but Christine…” He walked over to me and placed a finger on my lips.

“Say no more.” He replaced his finger with his mouth and kissed me. This time it was me who had to break away.

“Come on.” I said standing up. “Let’s find out what is going on with Christine.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Thank God. Jacqueline it’s a code red emergency.” She held up her phone.

“You are going on a date?!” I said. I looked at her close and looked at the time.

I turned her around and started to walk her to her room. I looked over and saw Alex following. I sat Christine in front of her vanity and started to brush her hair.

“Alex, what do you think a guy wants to see a girl in when they are out on a date?” I turned my head towards him.

“Um, maybe a dress and her hair down. Not a ton of makeup.” He sat awkwardly on her bed.

“Um.. sure we can work with that. Christine tell me about your guy.”

While I spent the next two hours doing her hair, makeup, and getting her outfit picked out, Alex tried his best to help out.

“No. Don’t use the black, use the brown over there instead.” He pointed towards a nude palette.” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Yes Jackie.” He rolled his eyes as my hand inched towards the palette.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Christine! He is here!” I peeked through the peephole on the door.

The man behind the door looked about 19 and had short brown curls.

“Bye Jackie!” She kissed my cheek then was out the door. Her dress was amazing. A flawless knee length and white summer wedges. Her hair flowed in soft curls and she had small rhinestones in her ears.

“Bye Christine!” She walked outside and followed the guy to their Uber.

“You did a good job.” Alex looped his arms around my waist.

“Yeah. That's one thing I did right.”