Chapter 18: Alex

I knocked on the door. My watch said 4:09. Close enough.

"Hello, Alex." Peta greeted me with a wide smile.

"Hello, Peta." I said. "Is your sister home?"

I already knew the answer but I felt like asking it anyways.

"Yeah, she is in her room. She said to go in there."

I walk through the small house to the door with photos plastered on the door of just random things. I knew it was Jackie's because right in the center is a photo of her, Peta, and Mr. Kitchi.

"Jackie?" I knocked and waited.

"...Yeah?" Her voice leaked through the cracks in between the door and the frames.

"Your sister said you wanted me to come in. Is that okay?" I was nervous, so I started to just say whatever I could.

"Yeah, come in."

I walked into her room and was astonished.

"It's beautiful." He turned and looked at all of the pictures tacked onto the walls. Pictures of sunsets, fields, playgrounds, and in the middle there are pictures of her family and friends. In the middle there were pictures of me. Close-ups and distant. Talking with friends and just lookin off.

She sat on her bed, it had a cream colored comforter with dream catchers all over. She was blushing from the compliment still when I moved to sit next to her. I moved my hand to brush a piece of hair out of her face when she moved away.

"Alex.."

"No, let me start." I said with a sigh.

"I... I need you to stay." I said stumbling over the words that came from my mouth.

"I.."

I held my hand up.

"I pushed away everyone I have and would've known from my life besides my family. That's all I have left. But, I need you to know everything about me."

"What?"

I sighed and shifted on her bed. It began to feel too soft.

"I.. How I found out about your situation was not from others."

"What do you mean?" She said with a nervous laugh. "I have told you guys...."

"No. I mean like all of it."

Her skin paled a little and she shook.

"I know about your dad."

She shook her head in disbelief.

"I hate it." She said, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

I reached over and pulled her close.

"I... I just don't know how this happened."

She started to cry, and I didn't know what to say. So, I just ran my hands through her hair while she cried into my shirt.

"Alex, I don't want to leave here, but Father may lose the case because of my mom. She is a liar and she is manipulative. She will try to put all the blame on him."

I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her face up. 

"Don't cry Jacqueline. They don't deserve you."

Then, I closed the distance between me and her. I never thought her pale lips would have been so soft. I felt like and angel was gracing my lips, but there was. It was Jacqueline.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shout Out to:
kaiiriin
xKAAHTx
And
ghostrider242