Chapter 8: Jacqueline

"Hi Baby!" She started to walk to me.

She did not look like how I remembered her. She looked thinner, paler, and a little more worn. I involuntarily flinched away, making her step back.

"I know you hate me...."

"Hate you?!" My anger from over the past ten years just exploded out.

"Hate you?! Hell yes I hate you! You left Father to do whatever you pleased and Grandmother had to step up and show me how to be a good young lady!"

"I didn't mean to..."

"You didn't mean to what? Trash my life? Hurt Father? Hurt Peta? Fuck around with random man whores until you felt empty and alone so you come crawling back to Father?"

"That is enough, Jacqueline." Father's rough voice echoed through the room. Age lines appeared on his face and he looked weary.

"The only reason she came here was the custody case."

"What?!" My head spun. I loved my dad and I never wanted to leave him.

"Yes." He had a venomous tone in his voice that I had only heard when he was reprimanding me for breaking some china pieces.

"She, your mother, wants to take you and Peta away from me." He said never breaking his gaze with Mother.

"Father, ..."

"You poor child!" Mother shouted. "He hasn't even told you."

"Don't you dare." He said his voice shaky and low.

"This man isn't even your real Father. He adopted you when we got married and I was seven months pregnant with my abusive ex's child."

My jaw dropped and I turned and looked at my father. By that time, Peta had came out of her room and dropped her doll onto the floor. She had tears in her eyes. She began to cry aloud and ran to me and gripped me around the waist.

"She isn't your only sibling either." My mother had a smug look on her face. Tears streamed down my face.

"Jordan. Come here now." She called, and a boy older than me walked out of the back room.

He stood there awkwardly in the room and said, "Hi."

"I have had enough of this fucking reunion." I said. "Come on, Peta. You can stay at Grandmother's tonight."

"Jacqueline, please watch you language in front of Peta." Father said.

"I'm sorry. I will text you later." I said leaving the house. I went straight for Grandmother's and knocked.

"Grandmother, Peta needs to stay tonight."

"Yes, child. Bring her in."

I opened the door.

"There are cookies on the table, Peta." She said. "Go Angeni. I know you need space to think. Go to the nice girl, Christine's and talk."

"Okay, Grandmother. I will. See you soon." I kissed her cheek gently.

"Good bye, Grandmother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, Penguins. It has been awhile. <3 

Please, If you have missed a chapter, go back and read the others!! There are important information in each chapter <3

Wisdomgoddess12