Chapter 16: Alex

"I'm so sorry." She said, her tears partially from the pain in her leg and from guilt.

"Jackie, you don't need to apologize..."

"Yes, I do." She said.

They pulled up and Alex got out of the car and ran to the other side.

L"We will talk about this later."

He picked her up, bridal style, and ran her into the emergency room.

"I need help!" Alex shouted and watched as they took her away.

*****

"So, you are telling me you are the guy who was supposedly hurting his girlfriend from a few towns over?" Mr. Kitchi said watching over Jackie as she slept.

They went in and reset her bone shortly after assessing the wound. It only took a few hours and she was in recovery.

"Yeah, most of the rumors were not true. They were made up from my ex who was mad that I would not date her again. She wanted to feel popular again because dating me put a dent in her reputation."

Mr. Kitchi's face softened a little and he let out a sigh.

"Girls are awfully dramatic like that sometimes." He walked over to the sofa where Alex was sitting.

"I just don't want to see my baby hurt. In any way. You seem like a great guy, but it will take awhile before I can trust you with my daughter."

Alex nodded his head.

"It's only right that you do sir."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is short so I will update twice today.