Chapter 17: Jacqueline

After a few days of bed rest in the hospital, Jackie was released with prescriptions and a few consults to see for counseling and physical therapy.

*Alex sent a message*

"I don't know if I should respond or not." She thought staring at the colorful lock screen.

She unlocked her phone and opened her messaging app.

Stefan (Alex) 24 Messages

She sighed and threw her phone down.

"What do I do God?"

Her mom visited while she was in the hospital, just long enough to inform Father they are going to court for custody of me. She already had a lawyer and my 'father' was also coming too. On top of all of that, I was weeks behind in an assignments for school. Thankfully, some of my teachers have been emailing me assignments.

I sighed loudly and looked at my cast.

"This is all your fault." I said looking at it.

I laid in bed for awhile and looked at the ceiling.

"Well, I might as well do something."

I leaned over to pick up my phone and selected Alex's name. Reading over the messages, she felt tears in her eyes form.

"He really does care for me." She thought.

She tapped on the text box.

Hey, I am okay. It's just been really rough the past few days. Um, I am not completely sure if I can leave the house yet, but I don't mind you coming here if you want to talk.

She read over it for reassurance and then hit send. She watched her phone as it went from sent to delivered to read. Then three dots appeared on her screen and she turned her screen off.

"What am I doing?" She said moaning. Then she turned her phone back on.

Sounds great. I will be over around 4.

"Four?" She thought. "That's early."

Then she saw her clock said 3:30.