Me Too

I spent the next 2 weeks or so with Louise. Mostly crying, and watching Dan's videos on repeat.

Until I got the call.

"Are you going to pick up your phone or..?" Louise gestured to my vibrating phone.

I sighed, and hit accept.

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Alice Hatsker?" A deep voice came. "This is Officer Lightman, of the London police force."

"Yes." My heart raced. Did something happen to Dan? Please no.

"We found Thomas Highten, and put him in jail. Last night he committed suicide by hanging himself with the bedsheets."

Okay, I know this is horrible. But I was so happy.

"Thank you for calling officer. I would suggest calling the others who were shot." I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"Yes. Thank you very much, and I hope you're well. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

The line went dead.

I dropped the phone, and looked at Louise.

"What happened?! Who was that?!" She exclaimed.

"That was the head officer of the police." I said. "Thomas is dead."

"Holy shit." She stood up. "This is great news!"

I laughed for the first time since the breakup. That sounded so mean! But it wasn't really..

"Now you can get back together with Dan!"

I could. Thomas wasn't hunting us down.. We could get back together.

I grabbed my phone, and Louise jumped next to me to see who I was going to talk to to.

As soon as there was a chance we could get back together, you better know I'm going to take it.

Phil beat me to it. His contact popped up on my phone, and I immediately answered. "Phil-" I started my sentence.

"Alice, I am SO sorry. The only reason I was trying to break you two up is so you wouldn't get shot. But I should of just told you, and you could of pretended or something. I am so sorry. Please forgive me. And PLEASE take back Dan."

Well.

"I accept your apology." I heard their door open from the hall, and then mine. Phil ran in, and threw his arms around me. "Thank you." He said.

"Now.. About Dan.." He said, pulling back from our embrace.

"Of course." I smiled with all my heart. How cheesy can it get?!

"Thank god. He has been so sad. You mean everything to him. Already."

Louise hugged Phil, and he gestured for us to go to his flat, and.. you know.. Get me and Dan back together.

Louise looked from my flats open door, into Phil and Dan's from their open door. And screamed. "DAN!!"

Hearing her scream, me and Phil sprinted across the hall into their flat.

Dan had one leg out the window, and was staring at us with red bloodshot eyes and a tear stained face. He gasped when his eyes landed on me.

"Alice?" He choked on the word.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!" I ran over to him. Was he trying to... Yes. He was. I pulled him back into the building.

"Alice.." Was all he managed to say.

"Don't you EVER even THINK about doing that again!!" I felt tears sliding down my face. "NEVER." I hiccuped, sliding to the ground and throwing my arms around his neck.

"Were dating again. Thomas is dead. You're mine." I whispered into his chest. I felt his arms wrap around me, and I started to cry harder.

"Please, please don't EVER scare me like that again." I sobbed into his shirt. If I lost him.. I would be lost to. But mentally.

"Okay. Okay." He was still crying too.

"Dan. I think.. I think I love you. Over the time I spent with out you.. I realized it. I love you."

His arms tightened around me, pushing out a sob from my gut.

"I love you too." He pushed his face into my shoulder. "I realized it too."

I pulled away, and kissed him. This lasted for about a minute.

When I finally pulled away, I just snuggled back into him.

"I'm so glad to have you back." I whispered.

"Sorry, I have to change things up, just this one time." He whispered back.

"Me, too."