Starbucks Part 2

I stood in front of their door, pondering if I should knock or not. If someone walked by, they would think I was crazy. I was playing with my hair, twitching, and every second, my hand would dart out and reach for the door knob. The tenth time that happened, I moved my hand slowly, and knocked three times.

There was a long pause. I started to turn around, but I heard door creak open.

I could make out half of Phil's pale face.

"Hey, Phil. Louise wanted me to tell you guys that we are all meeting at Starbucks at 9:30." This was so horrible. I wanted to burst into tears.

"Oh. I don't think Dan's in the right condition. And frankly, neither are you." He laughed.

Sign one. Nothing drastic.

"His shoulder is hurting him really bad right now." He told me, with a smile of apology.

It's fake, I reminded myself.

"Oh. That stinks. Then I think I'll just have Louise come here, and I'll lay down. Bye, Phil! Tell Dan I'll call him." I had a plan.

"Wha-" I walked away and slammed my door. Louise wasn't coming over..

I called Dan. "Aliceeee" he answered groggily. "You woke me up."

"Oh well." I said playfully. "Does your shoulder hurt?"

"Does your hip hurt?" He questioned back.

"That doesn't matter. And actually no, not that much. Just tell me."

"Well, I don't know. You just woke me up." He laughed.

"Get up! Move around! Does it hurt?!?" I needed to make sure he was deffinetley lying.

I heard his bed creak, and he yawned. "Walking to the bathroom." He narrated. "Walking back."

"Does it hurt?!" I asked for the final time.

"Nope." I heard him lay back on the bed.

"Hmmm..." I said. "Get dressed. You and Phil are meeting me and Louise at Starbucks at 9:30."

"Louise?" He asked, confused.

"Yep, see you then." I put my thumb on the end button.

"Wait-"

But I had already hung up.

I called Louise, and told her we would all be there. Wether Phil wanted to or not.

There was quite a long line at Starbucks, unlike the last time. Me, Dan, and Louise were all very talkative and happy, while Phil was the opposite. Dan was the only one who didn't know, so he was confused.

"Phil, perk up!" He punched him arm. Phil grunted, and it sounded like "no."

We were next up. I had 12 pounds this time.

"Hey, it's Alice and Dan!" Grace smiled, with the same perkiness as last time.

"Yep, and now were dating." Dan leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I looked at Phil out of the corner of my eyes. He was looking at the ground, his eyes darting around.

"AWEEE! I called it." Grace smiled, filling her whole face.

I laughed, and ordered a medium ice coffee. Louise seconded my action.

We got our drinks, and sat down.

"Why are Dan and Phil still over there?" Lousie asked. I looked over to the counter.

Dan was talking to Grace. When ever he tried to turn around and walk over to us, Phil would spin him around and point at Grace.

She giggled, and he went red. He tired to turn around again, and Phil grabbed him. Dan shrugged him off and walked over to us.

Sign two. Worst then the other one, but still not really bad.

"What the hell was that all about?!" Dan asked, annoyed at Phil. "I have a fucking girlfriend." He pointed at me.

"I don't know. I just thought you should talk to her since she likes you so much." Phil sat next to Louise, and Dan sat next to me.

"Um, she doesn't. She wouldn't be so excited we were dating then." Dan rolled his eyes.

"Hmm. Girls are tricky." Phil took a sip of his drink.

"And she has a boyfriend. She's engaged."

Well,

"Oh." Phil changed the subject. "So, how've you been Louise?"

As they chatted, I finished up my coffee and texted Louise under the table.

Me- 9:45 am: suspicious much?

I watched her face as she felt the phone vibrate and read the text.

Louise- 9:46 am: very. The Grace thing was pretty cruel.

Me- 9:46 am: kind of.

Louise- 9:47 am: did you tell Dan yet?

Me- 9:47 am: I will later.

I put away my phone, and coughed pointedly at her. She looked up, and slid it back in her pocket.

"I need to make a video sometime this week." Dan thought aloud.

"Everyone does." Louise sighed.

"Except for Alice," Dan took my hand under the table.

I smiled, and stole a sip of his drink.

"Hey!" He laughed, and pulled my ponytail.

"So-!" Phil cut into our flirting.

"We should all go make a collab video now!" Louise said. "And Alice, you have to be in it."

Um...

"Aha.. No thank you." I said. People I don't know watching me? Ugly old me? Hahaha, no.

"Pleaseee?" Dan whined. "The people deserve to know!" He held his fist to the sky and shook it.

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to.." Phil helped me out.

Wait.. Never mind. I forgot for a second there.

"Actually.. I guess I will." I whirled around the straw in my empty drink.

Dan let go of my hand and jumped up, doing a little happy dance.

"Hurray! So what will it be about?"

We decided on an easy Q and A for my first video. All three of them tweeted for questions.

"Let's go to our place." Dan skipped to the door. Boy he was happy. Me, Louise and Phil got up. Dan had never sat back down after his dance.

"Hurry!" He exclaimed. "We have a lot of filming to do."