Late

I was woken by a knock on the door. I rolled over so I was facing the ceiling.

I sighed loudly, but it cracked halfway through from all the crying yesterday. Well, today was the day to start my new life in London.

They knocked again. I stood in front of the mirror leaning against my wall. I was in short shorts and a long shirt. My hair was up in a messy white girl bun and there was dried mascara all over my cheeks. I walked over to the door.

"Coming!" I sounded like I was doing drugs.

I poked my head out the door, not wanting it to be someone important and seeing me in this getup.

"Alice?" Dan stood outside the door with a worried look on his face.

"Oh! Yeah! Hi." I felt my face turn red.

"Are, are you okay?" He asked, looking genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, I'm trying." I smiled.

"There's makeup all over your face." He looked confused.

"When I cry, my makeup runs. And I didn't have the willpower to clean it off last night. And you woke me up." I laughed. Boys were so clueless.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." He scanned me, for I had opened the door completely now. Oops...

"I was just wondering if you wanted to join me as I go to town, and I could give you a tour?" He cringed as if he was scared of the answer I was going to give him.

"Sure! But I need to.. Like change." I looked at the ground, blushing.

"Of course. Meet me in the hallway at 8?" His cheeks were pink too.

"Okay, see you then!"

Then I slammed the door in his face. "Oh god." I face palmed as I realized my mistake. I opened the door again, but he was already walking to his room across the hall.

I saw him look back as I slammed it again. And then face palmed again.

I decided to wear my pink floyd shirt and actually pink skinny jeans. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror and almost gagged on the minty toothpaste. My hair was a a big brown fluff ball. I guess I didn't see that in my bedroom.

I flattened it, and brushed it. I scrubbed the tear stains off my face, which was now burning and red. I brushed on some lipgloss, and barley some mascara.

I slipped on my black combat boots, and my red overcoat. I glanced at the oven clock as I grabbed my phone and slipped it in my pocket.

It read: 8:31 am

I gasped, for I hated being even a tad late.

I flung open the door, to see Dan squeal and fall.

"You scared me!" He breathed, pouting, but smiling at the same time.

"I'm sorry." I laughed, helping him up. "I was a minute late. I DESPISE being late."

"Jeez. I'm always late." He laughed. "Ready?"

"As I ever could be." I smoothed my coat and smiled up at him.

"Let's go!"