Thanks London

I stepped in a puddle and drenched my shoes.

"Shit."

I heard footsteps behind me and started to walk faster. He was gaining on me.

"Stop!" He yelled pleadingly.

"Nope. Nope." I whispered. I turned the corner out of the alley and ran into my apartment.

I sprinted up the stairs and ran head on into someone.

"Oh my god. I am SO sorry."

I felt a tear escape in the corner of my eye.

"No, no it's fine. Totally fine."

I tried to stand and feel flat on my butt again. Thanks London, for raining (again).

I felt more tears coming and gulped them down.

The stranger, (who was a tall handsome boy about my age, 21-22) must have heard me and realized I was crying.

He held out his hand to help me up, and I took it. His grip was firm as he pulled me up.

"Hey, look. I'm okay, your okay, we're all okay." I looked at the ground, but I could feel his eyes scanning my face.

"Yeah, okay. I just had a bad day. Sorry for wasting part of yours." I laughed. But it wasn't really funny.

"No, no. Deffinetly not. Are you the new family that moved in last week?"

"Well, I'm not exactly a family, it's just me. But yeah. My names Alice Hatsker."

"Dan Howell." He smiled politely.

Then we realized our hands were still intertwined. I pulled back, blushing. As did he, but then put it back, to shake my hand.

Ironic.

"Well, welcome, Alice. I hope to see you again."

He said it like he meant it.

"Have a nice day." He smiled, and his dimples showed. He walked around me, and I watch him go.

As he's almost out the door, he turns back to me, with an expression on his face I barley see on people when they look at me. He sees i'm still here and immediately we both turn around.

I hear the door shut lightly, and all that's left is the pitter pattern of the rain hitting the roof. I walked to my room and fumbled with my key.

"You, too."