{Chapter Øne}

{Chapter Øne|-/Josh Dun}

"We're Twenty One Pilots and so are you." The man next to me said into his microphone.

Cambridge, Massachusetts was treating us well. Show number three of eight. Touring our newest album Vessel. Our lives were amazing. Well, our musical lives, which, by the way, makes up about eighty percent of our lives. But that twenty percent left over would be our personal lives. The part only few people get to see. In my case, only Tyler gets to see. We love our fans. We adore them. I think we have a more solid fan base than most bands I've seen. But, they only see the famous side of our lives...the musical side. They don't see the sleepless nights me and Tyler spend together. They don't see the days where we sit and just talk. Talk about life. About death. About love. About hate. About everything.

"Josh. Jish come back." I heard Tyler say.

"Sorry. Lost in thought."

"I couldn't tell." He laughed. I smiled at him and we began our walk through the long halls to find our dressing room. We were planning on waiting for most of the arena to clear and most of the fans to go home, and then we go out and see if there's any strays standing outside to talk to. It's become routine for us.

"What were you thinking about?" Tyler asked curiously.

"Life."

"What about life?" He asked as we entered the dressing room and walked to our separate mini closets to get changed out of our sweaty clothes.

"About how our lives are divided. We both have a musical side, the famous side, and an personal side. And I was thinking about how you are the only one that knows my personal side."

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked, hurt beginning to fill his eyes.

"No no no. That's not what I was saying. I was just thinking about it. It's weird saying you trust someone like that honestly. Anything could happen. It's just scary."

"It is." He agreed quietly.

After a few minutes of complete silence between the two of us, we silently agreed we could go outside safely without being bombarded with fans.

We quietly walked through the halls, the tile floors echoed each step. We finally reached a door that had an 'Exit' sign hanging over it.

"Do you think this is it?" I asked suddenly, worrying about walking in on a bunch of fans standing in the lobby. I love them, but they can get...out of hand.

"Are you seriously asking me that?" Tyler said with a contagious laugh.

We pushed open the door and the cool air hit us, instantly sending chills down my back. Finally.

We stuck to the shadows, hoping to find at least one fan that we could chat with.

We snuck past the "fan girls" that tend to stick around hoping to like jump us or something. That's not who we were looking for. We continued to circle the building, just looking.

Finally we came upon a girl. She looked about twenty. Twenty-one at the most. Nineteen at the least. She was crouched down, arms wrapped around her legs. She had her face buried into her arms, her long, kinky hair was softly floating around in the gentle wind. I shared a silent glance with Tyler and we both took a step towards her.

"Hey. We were walking by and saw you sitting alone.." Tyler said, just loud enough for the girl to hear him. She turned her head towards us. We could only see her eyes, and in the light from the street lights, they looked pale green or blue. But they didn't hold excitement or surprise or anything. They stared blankly at the two of us.