Chapter 11: Interrogation

It's my fault...

My fault they died...

If I would've been stronger...

Faster...

"Hibiki," Kakashi called to me from a tree branch where he was taking first watch. I stood up and rubbed my hands from the cold.

"Do you want to switch?" I asked him. "I'm alright with it."

"No, that's not it. I want to ask you a few questions about what happened back there."

*Kakashi's POV*

She seemed distant; eyes trained on her feet that were dangling from the branch.

"I figured you would wait until we got to Konoha and send me to the interrogation unit." Her eyes moved to me and when we locked eyes she looked back.

"I was planning on doing that if you didn't cooperate, but I don't like sending anyone to Ibiki." It was silent for a while until Hibiki spoke up.

"Well? Are you going to ask me?"

"Are you going to cooperate?"

"Depends on what questions you ask."

I sighed. "Fine. First things first. How do you know Zabuza Momichi and the boy with him, Haku?" She kept quiet, looking deep in thought.

"Same thing as Haku; Zabuza took me in when I had nowhere to go."

"Nowhere to go?"

"I'm not telling you about that."

I nodded my head, everyone has their secrets.

"How are you related to Obito?"

"He's my father."

"But Obito died."

"So? Sasuke's father died, Neji Hyuga's father died. Why does that make me any different?"

"Obito died at a young age."

"You think I don't know that?"

"Then how is Obito yo-"

"He just is okay! Another question I'm not going to answer."

"Then what's your favorite color?"

"What?"

"Your favorite color."

"Why do you care?"

"What do you mean? Is that another question you're not going to answer?" She was quiet.

"It's black."

"Why black?"

"Because when put in the sun it shows it's true colors."

"True colors?"

"Black is a mixture of all the colors in the world. It may look dark, but when it's given a little bit of light it shines."

"That's interesting. Why is your chakra black?" She swung down on the ground and began to walk away.

"That's enough for now."

*Hibiki's POV*

Man, what a long day. It took forever to get back here.

We walked through the gates leading into Konoha. Izumo and Kotetsu waved to us before they started bickering about something.

"Alright, I'm going to go and report to Lord Hokage. Good job for a mission complete. Oh, and Hibiki, you come with me too." I nodded my head and followed only a few paces behind Kakashi as we walked to the Hokage's office.