Chapter Thirteen

I slowly move my hands into Harry's hair, pulling at those soft brunette curls as we kiss. He groans slightly into my mouth before reluctantly pulling away. I pout at the loss of contact, but decide it was better if we didn't make out in the store that we both work in.

“So can I ask why you really came here?” He murmurs softly, his chest rising and falling against mine quickly, us both trying to catch our breaths.

“I had to get away from my mom.” I say quietly, looking down but he's quick to pull my face back up by my chin.

“What happened?” He questions, his tone inviting and soothing all at once.

I sigh and lean my head against his chest, his arms sliding along my back, holding me tighter. The warmth that is Harry surrounds me and I can't help but smile to myself.

“She's just so... overbearing. She wants me to be her perfect little princess, and I can't fucking do that.” I mumble into his chest and he sighs.

“So you came to the store?” He asks, and I quietly grumble.

“I had no where else to go.” I reply.

“You could have called me.”

“But I knew you were out.” I answer and I can tell he's probably biting his lip.

“Let's go, Ali. You should be relaxing.” He slowly pulls out of my grasp and I pout, my eyes big as he looks at me. He smiles and pokes me cheek.

“C'mon AliBear, smile for me.” He jokes and I start to giggle.

“Much better.” He adds and I shake my head.

“I like when you call me AliBear.” I mutter quietly, taking his large hand in my smaller one. He watches me take his hand before smiling and squeezing my hand with his. My face flushes a deep red and Harry chuckles before pulling me along with him back out of the store. I watch his tall frame move in front of me, his muscles in his back flexing as he walks.

“I came in my car.” I tell him.

“Really? I thought you walked here.” He says sarcastically and I frown, hitting his arm playfully. He chuckles,

“Sorry couldn't help myself. Just follow behind me to my house in your car, yeah?” He explains and I nod, him stopping at his car in one of the many handicap spots.

“Harry, you're not handicapped.” I scowl and point to the spot, he only rolls his eyes.

“I was only going to be here for a bit, babe.”

“I know but what if you got caught, or what if an actual handicapped woman or man-” He cuts me off.

“Shh, okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'll see you back at my place.” He smiles softly and I decide to let it go.

“Okay.” I say in a small voice before letting go of Harry's hand, heading towards my car.

----

When Thursday finally rolled around, it was after a long day at school and I was in the car with Harry.

“You know,” Harry starts and I continue my gaze out the window as I listen.

“Winter formal is Saturday.” He finishes and I raise an eyebrow.

“So..?” I say slowly, looking at him.

“Do you wanna go.. with me?” He asks quietly and I bite my lip.

“Harry..” I start.

“Will you go to winter formal with me?” He asks more confidently this time and I slowly shake my head.