Chapter Eight

Winter formal was rolling around pretty quick, and I have to say I was a bit annoyed that Liam hadn't asked me to go yet. Him and I had been closer lately, and I was bugging out that he hadn't just asked me to go with him. I was worried that maybe I'd done something wrong to piss Liam off, and he no longer wanted to go with me. Any excuse I could find ran through my head.

“Ali-nator.” Harry's voice sings as he comes up from behind me in the hall. I smile and roll my eyes.

“HarBear.” I reply, when he's finally caught up to me. He chuckles and shakes his head.

“Absolutely not. Don't call me that.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so.” I pretend to frown.

“That's not a good enough reason, HarBear.” I smirk and he furrows his eyebrows at me.

“If anyone other than you starts calling me that, I will have your head Ali Taylor.” He sends me an empty threat and I smile.

“Fair enough.” We walk down the hall together after school, my mind somewhere else, leaving us to fall silent.

“What are you thinking about?” He asks and I shrug.

“It's not important.”

“It is if you're dwelling on it, unless you're just being a drama queen.” He smirks and I glare at him.

“I'm not a preppy bitch, Harry.” He laughs and nods.

“I know, otherwise I wouldn't be caught dead with you.” He retorts and I gasp.

“Lies, you fuck those girl all the time.” The way it just rolls off my tongue almost makes me want to cringe.

“Not really. Only if they approach me first and they meet my standards.” I stop in the middle of the hallway, putting out my hand in front of me dramatically.

“Harry Styles... The Harry Styles has, dare I say it, standards?!” I exclaim and Harry roughly grabs my forearms, pulling me into a nook in the hall.

“What the hell, Ali?” He spits at me and I can't help but giggle.

“I'm sorry, Harry. It's just that I can't name one girl on the cheer leading squad that you haven't at least copped a feel with.” I explain and smile softly, truly not meaning to offend him. Harry and I have gotten close, I mean, as close as someone can get to Harry, and I don't want to hurt him. Harry licks his lips, and shift uncomfortably on his feet with his hands shoved in his pockets, watching people walk by.

“Harry.” I mumble again, feeling bad for letting the words slip.

“No, no, Ali it's fine. You're right. I'm a whore, I'll admit it.” He says flatly, but his facial expression tells me different.

“It's not okay Harry, I went too far I'm-” But he cuts me off, grabbing my wrist and pulling me outside, headed towards the parking lot.

“Can we talk somewhere more private? Where people aren't staring at our every move.” He mutters once we get outside, letting go of my wrist. I nod and think of somewhere to go.

“My house, my parents won't be home until late tonight. Follow me in your car?” I offer and Harry agrees.

Once I parked in my driveway, I get out of my car and wait for Harry, leaning against the door. I watch as Harry parks behind me, shutting the car off and getting out, shutting the door behind himself.

“Took you long enough.” I joke and he shakes his head at me as we walk up to my front door together. I let us both in and Harry shoves his hands in his pockets as he steps inside. I close the door behind us.