Chapter Fifteen

The car ride to the dance was fairly quiet. Harry and I talked about work and how we both have quite a bit of time off for Christmas break. But the car ride seemed too short, because soon enough Harry pulled into a spot in the parking lot that his car barely fit into and shut the car off.

“Harry I can't even get out on my side.” I tell him softly, trying not to giggle.

“What?” He looks over at me and then farther over to the amount of space I have to get out, he shrugs.

“You're tiny, you'll fit.” He says and gets out. What? I feel like I should be flattered that he thinks I'm small enough to get out of this small space, but at the same time, I'm annoyed he doesn't fix the damn problem and park somewhere else.

Wait, it's Harry. He wouldn't do that anyway. I sigh and get out of the car, my combat boots thumping to the floor from his truck.

“C'mon, Ali.” He pressures, and I roll my eyes.

“Why don't you just go in without me, Mr. Impatient?” I snark and he rolls his eyes, coming over and finally helping me the rest of the way out of the car.

“Sorry, I really didn't think it was this tight.” He mutters and I smirk.

“It's fine, Harry.” I reply and hold onto his bicep tightly as we walk to the front.

“Iron grip, much.” He jokes and I let go suddenly.

“Sorry, I'm nervous.” I murmur, and he rolls his eyes, letting me replace my grip to his bicep.

When we walk in, I'm happy to see that no ones heads really turned to look at us. It was normal, really, and I was happy that everyone left us alone. I let Harry lead me to a small table in the back where he sits down, I just look at him.

“You drag me to this dance, and now you're not going to dance with me?” I joke, trying to leave the seriousness out of my voice.

“I don't dance.” He says calmly and looks up at me from his seat. I scowl and tug at his hand.

“Well now you do, c'mon.” I say, pulling him up to his feet and walking to the dance floor. Honestly, I don't dance either, but after everything, I just wanted to be with Harry, dancing in front of everyone.

“Ali, I really don't dance. This is a bad idea.” He bites his lip and I roll my eyes before I just starts dancing.

“Just move with the music, Styles. Don't over think it.” I reassure him and slowly, Harry begins to move with me. I giggle when he almost steps on my foot, but trips so that he dodges it. I stabilize him back on his feet and a slow song begins to play.

“We can go back to the table now.” I say quickly and he shakes his head, pulling me into his chest.

“Not so fast. You brought me to the dance floor, now we're gonna keep dancing.” He tells me and I bite my lip before nodding.

It wasn't as weird as I thought it would be, slow dancing with Harry. Harry and I ended up just hugging and swaying, not knowing how to actually dance. My arms were wrapped around his torso loosely, his around my shoulders, pulling me into his chest where I laid my head. His chest felt more like home, than home itself. It weirdly felt like I was supposed to be there, like that spot was mine. I sighed and shut my eyes. I could feel myself getting attached to this man, and I know I shouldn't. I know he's going to leave eventually, everyone does.

“Are you okay? You're iron grip is back.” He whispers in my ear before laughing quietly. I look up at him and press my lips together.

“Yeah, sorry.” I tell him quietly and loosen my grip but he quickly tightens his.

“No, don't stop.” He adds, and I'm slightly confused but I don't question it, tightening my grip again and resting my head back on his chest. The song ends too soon though, and Harry quickly pulls me back to that table, making me sit in his lap after he sits down.

“I'll give you credit, Ali. Dancing is kind of fun.” He says softly, his arms tightly around my waist. I smile and nod, wrapping my arms around his neck, playing with the curls in the back.

“I told you. Life isn't all piercings and tattoos..” I joke and run my finger over his lip piercing.

“I know that.” He rolls his eyes and I laugh softly.

“There you two are. I thought you decided not to come!” Lauren yells over the music at us, her date in tow. I grumble under my breath, annoyed that she's ruining our moment.

“Guys!” She calls out again, and I hit Harry's shoulder, telling him to shut up before she makes it all the way over.

“Hey guys! Sorry about that.” She giggles to herself and holds onto her dates arm. I mentally roll my eyes and keep playing with Harry's hair mindlessly.

“Hi Lauren.” I say flatly, Harry looking up at me and I can tell he's trying really hard not to laugh.

“Ali your joking right? Where are your heels?!” She acts like my shoe choice is the end of the world.

“I like it.” Harry comments and I smile, Lauren scoffs.

“Harry she's almost a foot shorter than you, you should like it when she wears heels. Plus, they would make her legs look sexy.” She adds and I watch Harry reaction. Somehow, he stays calm.

“She can wear what she wants.” He says simply, playing with one of the ruffles on my dress.

“Whatever you two.” Lauren finally walks off and I let out a breath in relief.

“Thank you.” I say softly, tempted to kiss him but I decide against it.

“What was that even about?” He mutters, his annoyance finally becoming prominent.

“She's jealous, maybe. I mean, I'd be jealous if me if I wasn't me..” That came out way more conceded than what I meant.

“What?” He asks, his face showing complete confusion.

“No wait! That's not what I meant. I meant that being with you- Not being myself- I mean..” I fumble around with my words until Harry finally shuts me up, pressing his fingers against my lips.

“Shut up, seriously..” He chuckles and my face turns an undeniable, deep red.

“I know what you meant, and thank you, no one has ever said something like that..” He finishes and takes his fingers off my lips. I smile, even though I'm still incredibly embarrassed.

“I mean it, Harry. You're not who people think you are. I'm lucky to be sitting here with you.” I murmur, our faces extremely close.

“Ali..” He visibly gulps and I get nervous.

“I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-”

“No, don't take it back, please.” Harry looks sad.

“What did I do?” I bite my lip and look down, trying not to meet his eyes. Harry reaches and pulls me by my chin to meet his eyes though, and they're an undeniably rich green.

“Don't take it back. Just don't.” He says softly before finally closing the distance between us, his soft lips finally colliding with mine. All the tension between us suddenly being relieved and it felt amazing, everything around us suddenly disappearing and I was pretty sure I knew where this was going..