Chapter Twelve

After my mom was long gone up the steps, Harry stood up and fixed his shirt.

“I should go.” He said softly and I stood up as well, shaking my head vigorously.

“Don't. Please just stay.” I plea quietly, and Harry's face softens, a small smile growing on his lips.

“I like when you beg for me.” I immediately roll my eyes.

“Seriously, Harry. Do you really have to make a sexual joke right now?” I retort and he nods before laughing.

“Sorry, I couldn't help myself.” He replies and I nod before sitting back down on the couch and put my head in my hands.

“I wish she hadn't come home.” I mumble into my hands before running them through my hair, then letting them fall to my sides.

“Me too..” Harry agrees and bites his lip before taking out his phone, checking messages. I watch him with wondering eyes, seeing his own green ones open wide before he types something quickly and shoves it back in his pocket.

“What was that?” I ask and he shakes his head.

“I have to go. I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you later?” He answers and for some reason I can't say no. He grins and leans down, leaving a soft peck to my lips before heading for the door.

“I'm sorry.” He says again and I just smile.

“It's okay, just... go.” I tell him and before I know it he's out the door.

I grumble in frustration, missing his weirdly comforting presence next to me. I can't even clear my mind before my mom is back down the stairs, her “I'm about to yell at you” face in full effect.

“Ali.” She states firmly and steps in front of me, looking down at me on the couch.

“How many fucking times have I told you that boys aren't allowed over when I nor your father are home? Do you remember when we caught you and Liam over here and we gently let you off with a warning? Well this time, you're in big trouble.” She tries to sound scary and I just sit there un-phased.

“Okay.” I tell her, and she only seems to fume more.

“Okay?! Just okay?! What the hell has gotten into you Ali Danielle Taylor? Who are you? Is this because of that boy that was here?! Is he forcing you to act like this?” She hammers me with pointless questions, but I suddenly get defensive when Harry is brought into the matter.

“He's done nothing to change me, I haven't changed, and you are taking this way out of proportions.” I say calmly and she takes a deep breath.

“He's no good, Ali. Don't pretend like you don't see that he's going to tear you apart.” She spits and I've finally had enough.

I stand up and clear my throat, getting right in my moms face with every word I say back.

“I don't care! Why don't you get that?! Liam broke my heart and yet somehow my own damn mother takes his side without even knowing it! I hate how you think you know every little detail about a person just by looking at them! Yes, he has tattoos and piercings. Fucking look at me mom, so do I, and you've never once said that I was no good... Oh wait, that's a lie, because according to you, I'm a pathetic excuse of a daughter. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pack some things and let Harry fuck me senseless just to spite you.”

I run up the stairs quickly, scared of what my mother might say back to my speech. I've never talked to my mom like that before and I don't know how she's reacting downstairs. I lock my bedroom door behind me and grab an empty bag, shoving everything I need inside, and throwing on a hoodie over my tank top. I huffed and wiped away a weak tear that fell from my eye before I could stop it, putting on some shoes and opening my door, only to see my mom waiting patiently against the railing. She looks up at me, her eyes dark and full of hate.