Chapter Nineteen

A/N: Quick thing before you start reading: There's a song for you to listen to while you read this chapter, it's in the external link because it wouldn't post in the Youtube link area, sorry! Please do! It really sets the mood for the chapter! Enjoy!♥ 

Ali's POV.

After being home for a few minutes after my hectic day at school with Harry, my phone rang. I gasped and ran for my phone, hoping it was Harry. I grab it and look at the screen, it wasn't him. I took a deep breath and sat in the chair in my room, hitting the answer button.

“Hello?” I mutter quietly before Liam's loud voice come through the receiver. I can't believe he's calling me.

“Ali, I need you to meet me at the park, the one we used to go to..” He says quickly, the wind blowing and making a crackle noise in my ear.

“W-Why?” I stutter, mentally face-palming myself for sounding vulnerable.

“I have something I need to tell you, it's about Harry.. I'm sorry I've ignored you..” He vaguely explains and I sigh, weighing my options.

I could either one, sit here and sulk about Harry because there was no way I was working on my math homework. Or on the other hand, I could go meet Liam and listen to what he has to say.

“Ali..?” Liam adds quietly and I've finally made up my mind.

“Okay. I'll be there. Just give me a bit to get myself together and drive over, okay?” I finally state, heading to the bathroom to fix my makeup.

“Okay. See you soon.” Liam says before he hangs up so I can't reply.

I sigh and set my phone down on the counter, wiping under my eyes and applying a new layer of eyeliner and mascara before standing back and looking in the mirror. Once I felt it was good enough, I go back into my room, my phone in my back pocket, and grab my purse, slinging it over my shoulder. Car keys in hand, I go down the steps in my house and back out to my car, heading over to the park.

I carefully pulled into the parking lot, the butterflies in my stomach growing more powerful as the moment I meet Liam draws closer. I slouch down in my seat after my car is shut off and shut my eyes, giving myself a moment to calm down. As I'm relaxing, my phone suddenly beeps for a text, and then another, and then another. I groan and sit up, checking my phone.

From Liam: Are you here yet?

From Harbear: Ali, please talk to me.

From Harbear: Do NOT go see Liam.

From Harbear: Ali!

You've got to be kidding me. How does Harry even know I'm meeting up with Liam? Oh god, is this a trap, to get me to talk to Harry? But why would Liam help him? So many questions start going through my head, my heart beat picking up drastically. I ignore all of Harry's texts and get out of the car, only texting Liam back.

To Liam: Here. Coming.

I jog over to the place I knew Liam would be waiting for me. When we were together, Liam and I used to hang out by this tree that was huge, and underneath it was so much cooler than in the sun in the summer time. I stop jogging when I see Liam in my sight, slowing down to a walk as Liam waves to me. I wave back shyly and come over, sitting across from him.

“Hey, sorry.” I say softly and meet his eyes with mine.

“Hey, I'm sorry to just call you out here like this when I've ignored you for so long. I'm sorry for that as well.” Liam explains and I nod, willing to forget the past.