•14•

Not edited*

I'm excited because today I'll see Michael; which I haven't since our date last week. Marissa has suspicions about who I'm seeing, and I think she knows I'm lying. I want to tell I really do, but I can't she has trouble keeping secrets this important. Marissa is currently doing my hair for the competition but will not stop with the relationship questions.

"Marissa I get you want to meet him but you need to stop with the questions especially the ones about my sex life," I sigh.

"I just want to know if he'll be there. Also I know you want this relationship to be secret but I promise I won't tell another living soul." She pleads finishing my hair in a perfect bun.

"I don't know. If I told you...you wouldn't look at me the same," I look down avoiding her eyes.

"Maybe that's true but I'll always be your best friend no matter what; and I'm always here to help." I could trust Marissa with this right? She is my best friend after all.

"Alright but you can't tell anyone, not even Logan, if you don't want me to be in illegal trouble." I finally look her in the eyes, and there filled with concern.

"I will not tell anyone, but what did you do Lily?" I take a deep breath.

"Okay so I'm not dating a college guy I'm actually dating someone older. Remember when my parents went out of town for two weeks."

"Yes you lived at Michael's house." She cocks an eyebrow.

"Well Michael and I rekindle our friendship and sparked more than a friendship," I bite my lip once I see the shock look on her face.

"Of course you are seeing Michael, that makes so much sense now." What?

"It does?"

"Yes. I wonder why you were vague about everything, and you ended things with Logan right after living with him. Plus you were always into him and in a not creepy way his was into you, more protective." She explains.

"So you're not grossed out," I assume she would.

"No, Michael is hot so is your dad I would..."

"Okay enough about that," I didn't want to hear the things she would do with my dad or Michael.

"Your secret safe with me I don't want to lose my best friend or you losing your lover." I slightly laugh at how well she's taking this.

"Marissa, I love him and I wish it wasn't illegal to see him."

"A year and 5 months you'll be legal and no one can stop you." Did she really just calculate that. "And yes I did the math once you told me," we laugh and I'm relieved I told her now I don't have to keep all inside.

"Now I need details on the sex," she says seriously.

"Why?"

"Because he's 34 man and I bet he has a lot tricks than these horny teenage boys." So I told her but not too much details.

***
"Girls you ready to go," my mom smiles once she sees me. "Honey you look beautiful."

"Thanks mom," I say grabbing my sports bag and heading to the car. The competition wasn't far it was in Sydney which is 30 minutes from my house. I was nervous because this is my shot to get a scholarship for dance to the college of my choice, which is NYU. I remember when I was little and lived with my mom in New York she would take me to watch the dance recital because one of her college friend's was in it. They were so elegant and graceful I feel in love. Afterwards I asked my mom could I join a dance class, and she agreed I stopped after 5th grade when I broke my leg. I figured to go to the school that sparked my inspiration. My parents and Marissa know my choice, and were upset because I'll be across the country but I will be living with grandma and grandpa in New York.