11.

The next morning, Sydney and Axl went to a courthouse

The next morning, Sydney and Axl went to a courthouse. Given her age, all the blonde had to do was state which family member she wanted to live with and her reasoning, and she was free to go. Her mother surprisingly did not put up much of a fight once the blonde mentioned the verbal and emotional abuse she had been submitted to. She had to recount the one time her mother threw a wine bottle at the wall next to her and the glass scratched her arm, leaving four small scars along her forearm, though she had no witnesses to back up those claims of assault.

What they did have was proof of neglect. Her mother did not lie when asked if she had a drinking problem, and just the sole fact that Sydney was technically left without parental supervision of any kind when she stayed for months on end with her brother, and without any amount of financial support provided for Axl could be seen as neglect.

Sydney was told she could stay with her brother. She had only on year until she was legally an adult either way and her mother didn't seem to put up much of a fight, only speaking when spoken to, red-stained, teary eyes not leaving her fidgeting fingers as her lawyer spoke for her.

The youngest Evans didn't lift her eyes away from her mother the entire time, though. She spoke with a calm and leveled voice as Axl signed each paper, and she kept her gaze on her crying mother as she tried her hardest to figure out why the woman was so upset.

Alexandra had never cared. Not once in her life had she seemed genuinely worried about her children. So, why the put up the sad front, especially if she wasn't going to put up a fight for custody?

It took a while for Axl to answer after Sydney questioned him about it on their way home. "Think about it. She lived off of dad for twenty years. She hasn't touched your money because she hasn't had to. Now, she has no control over anything you own. She hasn't had to work in years... Either that or she actually feels bad about how much her own children despise her." He shrugged, not meeting his sister's gaze and keeping his eyes on the road.

Sydney turned her eyes toward the window, leaning back as she spoke, voice sounding distant. "Probably the first one."

_

axl evans:
you need to come over

syd's bitch:
uh
what

axl evans:
syd's upset
we had to see our mom

syd's bitch:
i'll be over in ten

_

realsydevans: thank you for sticking aroundtagged; chandlerriggs5598k likes, 5

tagged; chandlerriggs5
598k likes, 5.8k comments

chandlerriggs5: always.

_

sorry this is so shortasdfghj rip