35.

[06:05 PM] MISSED CALL FROM: don't answer
[06:08 PM] MISSED CALL FROM: don't answer
[06:23 PM] MISSED CALL FROM: don't answer
[06:49 PM] MISSED CALL FROM: don't answer

_

PRIVATE MESSAGES BETWEEN: don't answer AND Sydney

don't answer:
Hello, Sydney-Marie. Sorry to contact you so out of the blue. I know it's been a while. Please pick up the phone. I'm sorry. Just please, pick up the phone.
[READ: 07:12 PM]

_

CALL BETWEEN: UNKNOWN AND Axl Matthew

"Axl, hell-"

"Shut up and listen. I don't know why you're doing this now, or why you're even pretending to care. Honestly, it's been what? Almost five years since we last talked? It's been so long, I don't even have your number on my phone anymore. I had to force Sydney to hand it over so I could send you this. Things are good. We're good. Mom got off our backs. If that's what you're calling for, then you're almost a year late. I don't care how you are, so don't bother telling me. Actually, I'd appreciate it if you didn't say anything at all. We don't wanna hear from you, okay? You've hurt Sydney enough as it is, Dad. I know you don't give a shit about me, but please. For her. Just please, stop calling her, Dad. She's finally doing better."

"Axl- Axl, I promise you, I didn't mean to hurt anyone. Please hear me out."

"..."

"Axl, I'm your father. Doesn't matter whether you like it or not, doesn't matter if I deserve the title- God knows I don't. But, I'm your dad. I've never played the part like I should, but I'm still your dad. And I do love you-"

"Don't bullshit me."

"I'm not trying to. I promise you."

"Yeah, that doesn't mean much."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"That doesn't mean much either."

"Axl, I can't excuse my actions. I can't excuse not being there for my children, not watching you grow up. Not doing the right thing. But... But I can try to explain. It won't fix it, I know. But I have to try. Please. Just listen."

"..."

"You have five minutes, then I hang up. Start talking before I change my mind."

[CALL TIME- 35:54 MINS]

_

CALL BETWEEN: axl👨‍👧 AND syd💗

"Axl? ...Did you talk to him?"

"I did... Call him, Syd. I can't explain why, it's not my place to. You need to hear it from him."

"A-Axl, you're not making any sense-"

"I... I can't be the one who tells you. You'll understand it more than me, honestly, you need it more. Just, let him explain. Talk to him. If he was feeding us lies and bullshit, I wouldn't let him anywhere near you, you know that. Please talk to him. For me."

"...Is he dying or something? Is that why he's back?"

"Wha- No! No, he's- He's fine. Just please, Syd. Do what I'm asking."

"Fine... Are we still on for Christmas? Chandler's going home for the holidays too, and I miss you."

"Miss you too, Syd. And, yeah, of course, we're still on."

_

did someone order a family reunion in time for xmas?