CRUSH

I sat in my room waiting for the clock to turn to 4:00 pm that's when Carl went on watch. I would go out and walk past the gates hoping he would notice me. I know it's pretty pathetic right. But I have had a thing for him ever since we got here to Alexandria. We had grown up together we had become best friends at the farm and I never felt anything for him until I turned 15. Now we were 16 almost 17 and I want him so badly. Finally, the clock turned to the numbers 4:00 I brushed out my hair and put it up into a ponytail and then I headed out the door.

I came up to the gates where I saw Sasha and Carl on watch I pretended not to notice him as I could tell he was looking at me. Until I heard Sasha call out my name. 

"Y/N can you take over watch for me just for about 20 minutes I have to go help Maggie with something for a bit and she said she really needed me" Sasha explained as she climbed down.

"Sure no problem" I smiled gladly excepting the offer seeing how I would now be able to spend more time with Carl.

"Thank you so much! I promise I will be back as quick as possible" She smiled as she jogged towards Maggie and Glenn's house.

"No need to rush take your time" I yelled back at her.

I climbed up the ladder at first it was awkward until Carl broke the tension and the silence between us. It usually wasn't like this we would talk for hours about anything but ever since about a month ago he has been a little more distant.

"I find we don't talk a lot anymore" He said looking out into the distance where walkers slowly stumbled over things in their way.

"Same I fell like we have been growing apart" I started to feel butterflies explode in my stomach.

"I actually have something to tell you" He said it looked like his cheeks were getting a little red.

"You can tell me anything Carl"

"Well....I...Uh...I have been feeling different about you" He said which caused is cheeks to turn a bright red. "What I'm trying to say is that I like you" He said.

"I like you to" I felt like a billion pounds was lifted off my shoulders once I had said that. I huge smile spread across both of our faces.

"You don't know how long I have wanted to say that" He chuckled.

"Same" I chuckled back.

"Hey Y/N thanks for taking over" Sasha came back a lot sooner than 20 minutes.

"Oh ya no problem" I said nervously hoping she didn't hear Carl and I's conversation.

"Finally you two got together we have all been betting on it about 3 months ago" Sasha giggled.

"You heard" I said blushing.

"Yes but don't worry I won't tell anyone until you guys are ready to tell people" She explained.

"Thank you Sasha" I smiled as I turned around heading towards mine and Daryl's house.

"Um...Y/N meet me at my house after I get off watch" Carl said still turned around not facing towards me.

"Okay" I chuckled at the shy and embarrassed boy.

"You two are going to make some pretty badass adorable kids" Sasha teased.

"Shut up" Carl and I both said together. Sasha giggled and went back on watch.

"I'll see you at 6:00" I yelled to Carl. 

___________________________________

All day I kept smiling, I couldn't seem to not smile.

"What are you so happy about kiddp" Daryl came in and saw how happy I was.

"No reason it's just been a good day" I lied.

"Did you and Grimes get together" Daryl said causing me to turn a bright red.

"No I don't feel that way about Rick he's not really my type" I joked.

"So I guess Carl isn't either then" Darly teased.

"Shut up" I laughed.

"I'm happy for you kiddo, but if he hurts you I will kill him" He said pointing up his v=cross bow and rainging both eyebrows.

"You don't have to worry dad I can take care of myself" I said.

"I know it will be for my own pleasure" He chuckled.

"Love you dad" 

"Love you to sweet heart" He said leaving the room. I thought about 6:00 all day I couldn't wait to talk to Carl again and see what was going to happen between us.

______________________________

I might do a part 2 to this but I'm not sure yet?