Daryl's Miscarriage

(Set at Hershel's farm in season 2)

Warning: Sadness. Light cussing. Fluff. Ages 13+

Summary: Daryl wants to go find Sophia. You tell him not to. He yells about it while getting the horse ready. You tell him what happened with the baby.

"Daryl, you are not going out there in your condition!" You argued with him all morning about him going out. "Try and stop me." He scoffed as he walked to the barn. "Babe, please stop." He ignored you. He opened the door to the stable Nelly was in. You grabbed his arm. "We might not even find her, please stay here." You said with fear of how he might respond. "Fuck you, woman." He spat at you after pausing. You knew he was considering staying.

He put on the bridal. "Stay, I cant have you fucking up and getting hurt...Again." You said. "I gotta at least look for her!" He yelled in your face. "Daryl, I already lost the baby. I cant lose you too." His face and his arms dropped. He slowly turned around to face you. A tear ran down your horrified face. He took a step towards you and stopped. "What?" He said gently. You slowly nodded and said, "I got my period last night. I'm not pregnant anymore." You were expecting for 3 months.

"Oh, sweetheart." He pulled you into his chest and cried with you. You sobbed into his green shirt. You both stood there in each others arms before finally releasing. "Hey, look at me." He grabbed your chin. Daryl slowly wiped away the tears on your face with his thumb. "We can always try again." You sobbed even more. "I guess so. But what if I cant have kids. We will always be that old, weird couple with no kids!" You cried. He giggled right after you said it. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" You screamed.

"No, its not that. I wouldn't mind being that old, weird couple. We'd be cute." He said smiling. You looked up to be met with his ice blue eyes. "Yeah, we would." You had to admit you would be cute. "We gonna try again?" He sniffled. You smiled softly. "Do you want to?" You questioned. "Of course I do. If we cant...." He made a odd horse sound. "....I'll get ya' a puppy." He laughed. "Now, stop cryin', sunshine. Its gonna be fine." You leaned the back of your head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around your stomach. "Yeah, we're gonna be just fine." You assured yourself.

Sorry this one is so short, I tried to write more but nothing would come to me.

-Emma