Daryl and the Guitar

(Set at the prison in season 4)

This story was suggested by a close friend.

Warning: Fluff. Funniness. Cussing. Smut. Ages 15+

Summary: You were on your shift for the night. You forgot Daryl took his midnight walks on nights like these. You steal Glenn's guitar when you leave. Daryl ends up hearing you and comes up without you noticing. You and him get really close...Stuff and thaangs happen. The morning round and shifts stopped you.

You were in your cell reading a book Lori passed onto you. You had no idea what the book was called since the whole thing was mangled and torn- But it was interesting. "Hey." A voice made you pop your head up. It was none other than Daryl Dixon. "Hey, Daryl." You said nervously. You had a small crush on the younger Dixon. "Don't ya have watch tonight?" He questioned. "Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me." You answered as you both giggled. "So, was that it?" You asked kind of disappointed. "Umm, I think so." You slowly nodded as he walked off. You were disappointed. "Wait!" He yelled through the hall. You got a happy smile on your face as he ran back.

"Yes?" You said smiling. "Hi." He said in a little kid voice. "Now that's it." He said walking away laughing. That kind of made your night. You got up to go do your shift. You grabbed your bag full of your music papers. On your way outside, you saw a guitar unattended. You were great at playing guitar. You could do any song ever written, plus the ones you wrote yourself when no one was looking. You picked up the guitar knowing it was Glenn's. He let you use it a lot. You walked out to the guard tower.

You opened the door and walked up the stairs to open the next door. As you opened the door, Beth came walking out. "Takin' over?" She questioned. "Yep. Get a good night. See you in the morning." You smiled as she walked away. "Night, Y/n!" She yelled as she walked back to the cellblock. You sat in the window of the tower to see everything for a mile. "Beautiful." Was all you said when you saw no walkers on your side. You grabbed the guitar and started to strum a song you wrote.

"I've been hearing symphonies

Before all I heard was silence

A rhapsody for you and me

And every melody is timeless

Life was stringing me along

Then you came and you cut me loose

Was solo singing on my own

Now I can't find the key without you

And now your song is on repeat

And I'm dancin' on to your heartbeat

And when you're gone, I feel incomplete

So if you want the truth

I just wanna be part of your symphony

Will you hold me tight and not let go?

Symphony

Like a love song on the radio

Will you hold me tight and not let go?

I'm sorry if it's all too much

Every day you're here, I'm healing

And I was runnin' out of luck

I never thought I'd find this feeling

'Cause I've been hearing symphonies

Before all I heard was silence

A rhapsody for you and me