London Calling

Logan's POV

I arrived to London. Emma's publicist booked me a hotel room a few blocks away from Ana's place. I headed to the hotel and took a long hot shower. I laid in bed to rest my eyes for a moment and I woke up 2 hours later.

It's 4pm and I have no idea what to do with Ana's address...

Of course I can go and pray Finn isn't home so I could talk to her privately. I grabbed my coat and headed downstairs. I hailed a cab, or taxi like they call them here and I didn't planned this thoroughly. "Sir, where can I rent a car?" I figured if I am going undercover I can't make the taxi driver my accomplice. It would be a little weird to tell a man to wait for God knows for how many hours. He'd think I'm crazy or a stalker. "I can take you to a place down 20 blocks but there will be a lot of traffic."

"It's fine."

"Alright mate, make yourself comfortable. Traffic here can be nasty sometimes."

After an hour and 45 minutes we arrived to our destination. I paid the taxi driver and headed to the office to rent a car. I showed them my driver's licence and payed in advanced and payed for an insurance.

They tried to give me a car with too many gadgets, I told them, "As long as I can plug in my iPhone I'm fine."

They gave me a Mercedes SUV, just like Ana's. I felt nostalgic.

I got in the car and I plugged in my iPhone. I drove to Alex Turner's debut EP - Submarine.

I parked the car in front of Ana's building and payed the parking meter. I dimmed the light of my iPhone.

The good thing about this car is that the windows are tainted so I can even stare at the building's door and no one can notice.

I remained still and listened to Alex Turner's lyrics.

Tomorrow I'll be quicker
I'll stare into the strobe light flicker
And afloat I'll stay
But I'm quite alright hiding today

Tomorrow I'll be faster
I'll catch what I've been chasing after
And have time to play
But I'm quite alright hiding today

This song was as if it was part of my life's soundtrack. I finished listening to the whole album.

I turned on the engine as soon as I saw Ana walking towards a car. She looks gorgeous pregnant. That little belly goes well on her.

I kept my distance as I followed them. Few minutes later they parked their car in front of a restaurant. I parked opposite them and waited. I didn't know what I was waiting for.

I grabbed my phone and played a Killer's song.

Draw me a life line, 'cause honey I got nothing to lose
Once in a lifetime (Once in a lifetime)
Once in a lifetime

Give me a shot at the night
Give me a moment, some kinda mysterious.

I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel and sang along.

Ana's POV

Finn took me out for dinner. He invited Will and his girlfriend. We sat on a booth by a window.

We were having fun. After all, Finn and I agreed to be friends. Sure, we still have to pretend were a couple. It's not so bad. We just peck each other, hold hands, when we sit together he places his arm on the back of my chair, sometimes I place my hand on his knee, sometimes he gets a little bit into it and he places his hand on my thigh.