Theft

Reader x Shikamaru

"...damn it," I grunted. I kept pushing on the card but it wouldn't fit. I glanced at my clock, 11:37 pm. I'd say I have about four hours before the owners make it back. Sure that's a lot of time but.....well I like to take my time shopping. I have to scope out the merchandise before i take my pick. I kept sliding the card up and down but the lock was far to tight. Sorta pissed me off. All the other houses were easy to get into. A swipe of the card and I could walk in the house like i owned it. This house however.....I looked it over from the sidewalk out front. Tsk....it guess it makes sense now. This house is pretty new. The old houses were old so getting it was easy. This house will take a little more finesse.

I worked at the lock for another few minutes before i gave up. I had already tried the side and back doors, the typical entry for those in my profession, but they were just as tight as this one. I sighed. Guess I had no choice: a window it is.

I went to the side of the house, one covered by big bushes and trees. I took off my sweater and wrapped it around my fist. A quick jab, timed with a car passing by, and my entry point was open. This was honestly the best way to enter the house. The bushes covered me while I did it and the noise of the car was louder than the sound of cracking class.

I knocked the shattered glass out of the window, careful to not make noise out side. Moving to much in the bushes will make noise and i don't know if they have nosy neighbors. I carefully climbed in the window, stepping on a counter right next to a sink. Looks like i had entered into the kitchen. I pulled out my cell and turned on its flashlight. I walked through the downstairs of the two story suburban home. Nice furniture, thick dark curtains, some scattered papers on the coffee table, and a 60in flats creep tv mounted on the wall. "...fuck..." I cursed under my breath. If naruto would have came like i fucking asked him too, I could have snagged this and stowed it on the back of his truck. I swear him and his girl always get in my nerves.

I had to bypass the tv and look for some stuff I could carry. A Blu Ray player, an Xbox one, ps4 with all the fixings. Good stuff but I'd have to make multiple trips. I'm too lazy for that.

I looked around for a bit more. Then.....i spotted it. It was glistening on the desk in the den. The charger was sitting right on top of it. Silver, 15.5' dell laptop. I made my way over to it. I opened it. I grinned. I saw a store sticker. This bitch was brand new. I spotted the box in the trashcan. It's the latest model, retailing for no less than a grand. Hmm.....I'll take it! Oohh and i got a sweet deal, too. Nothin can beat the five-finger-discount.

I packed it back in its box, grabbed a bag and tied it tight before stuffing it into my little bookbag. It barely fit but i just had to have it. It's way to good a deal. I put it over my shoulder and wandered back to the kitchen, stopping to take the liberty of fixing a mid night snack.

(Footsteps accompanied by muffled music)...my head snapped towards the doorway, just as some one walked into the kitchen. The light came on just as some guy walked in. He didn't notice me. He was doing stuff on his phone with stereo headphones on his ears. I literally froze mid-bite in a nice deli sandwich i had just made. He leaned against the counter. He only wore loose pajama bottoms. No shirt or socks. I couldn't help but grin. Guy was fine as fuck. I had never seen him before though. I had heard about a new family moving in not to long ago. I gave em a week to settle before i hit their house.

I heard a sorta squishing down. I watched as the inside of my sandwich go splat on the plate. He looked right at me, his short ponytail making his headphones move off his ears slightly. His eyes widened. ".....who the hell are you?" He asked. I calmly put the bread down on the plate. "Just a late night visitor, my good man. Now...I best be on my merry way," I bowed. *crack* Big mistake. I had taken a step back, stepping right on a piece of glass. His head snapped to the shattered glass and dust on the floor. He looked back at me. "Now, now. I know it looks bad. I know a guy who could fix that right up. Lemme go get him," I turned on my heels and tried to climb out the window. He had grabbed my backpack, not letting me get out.