Detail

Reader x Uvogin

"You think you smart? Huh? Private I'm talking to you..." He was close. Extremely close. To the point that if I were to turn my head left or right, I'd bump into him. "No, seargent!" I replied quickly. "Yea? Well how about you stand at parade rest when I'm talking to you. How about we do that," the older man growled. I quickly moved to that position, as careful as I could. Bumping into him wouldn't be a good idea. "Ok. Now that you aren't disrespectin me as much , how about you get into the front leaning rest?" He took a step back, giving me a little space. That was obviously not a request. I crouched down, kicking my legs out so that I supported my body with my arms. It was a position I was used too. The first week of basic training was this position at least 8 times a day for various reasons. It is growing a bit easier bit still not a comfy position.

He circled me, studying my form I presumed. "Get yer back straight, private!" He yelled. I slowly lowered my back, making my body form a generally straight line from my shoulders to my ankles. "Down!" He called. I lowered my body, bending my elbows until they were parallel with the ground. I held it. "Up!" He called and I lifted myself up, sounding off with 'one, sergeant!' Like I was taught.

He made me do 50 painfully slow. My arms felt like jello when he finally told me to get up. "Ok, private. I asked you a question. It required a simple answer. I saw you staring at me when I walked away. What are you? Some kinda gay boy?" He said. "Yes, seargent!" I replied.

The sheer that crossed the older man's face almost gave me a heart attack. I was saved when I heard a yell coming from the other side of the dining facility. "Comin, first sarge!" He yelled back  before taking off running in the direction of the call.

I let out a deep breath. My platoon had already left, leaving me alone with staff sergeant Uvogin. Everyone in the company hated his fucking guts. When I was called over, all I got was looks of sympathy as they marched off. As soon as the sergeant disappeared from sight, I took off to catch up with the platoon.

Later on that day...

"Awe man. I was so scared for you! What did he talk to you about?" My buddy phinks joined me near my bunk. It was after the duty day so we were released into the barracks presumably for the night. Our sergeants had already left for the night. "Some stupid shit. Basically a flash of day zero nonsense. A ploy to make himself feel tougher," I said. He laughed. "You must have balls of steel. Bet you wouldn't say it to his face," he elbowed me playfully. "You damn right I wouldn't. That guy is like three times my size," I joked along with him.

We were cleaning up, a task we had to do every night, when we were all called put to the drilling area for a formation. We all made our way downstairs, making record time I might add, and stood in formation, waiting for orders. Sergeant uvogin made his way out to the drilling area, holding a clipboard in his hand. "Oh great! Sergeant fucktard is in charge of quarters tonight," whispered phinks right next to me. Every night, there was one sergeant left to watch all of us overnight. Tonight happened to be sergeant uvogin's turn. "Alright listen up!" His booming voice echoed, giving me a headache," cleaning detail for the platoon is...." He started rambling off names and areas including stairways, hallways, and bathrooms.

Phinks was called to clean a hallway while I was tasked with the worst one of them all: the office. The cleaning wasn't the hard part. It was having to be the only one in there, all alone with the duty sergeant. After everyone else finished, they could go to bed. Me? I had to wait till I was released by the sergeant.

I made my way to the office area, toting a mop and bucket, broom and dust pan, and some towels and glass cleaner. I started working.

One by one, the other soldiers made their way back inside. The sergeant walked around, telling people that they could go early. I finished cleaning windows, my last task, and waited for the sergeant to come back so he could release me.