Chapter 15: The Nightmares

Last chapters, Yoshi and M. Para Koopa decided to take a moment of peace, and ventured the galaxies in search for powerups, however, premonitions are being felt on both sides. Let's take a look at Yoshi.

"Oh boy! What a Mario Party it was!" Yoshi said to Mario, Toad and Luigi.
"You-a-bet!" Mario commented.
"Yup! Hope we can do it again!" Luigi added.
"Count me in next time, for I'm going to get more Stars than all of you! And coins, heh." Toad said.
"You wish!" Luigi responded.
"Ha ha! Well, Yoshi, it's time me and Luigi go. We'll hang out at a more extended time some other time, alright?" Mario said.
"Ok! Have a good night." Yoshi answered, as he waved the Mario Bros. Goodbye.
"Well... What do you suggest we do now?" Toad asked Yoshi, turning the Wii off.
"Dunno, I'm feeling pretty tired, so I think it's best to go to sleep." Yoshi said, and went to his bedroom.
"Ok! I'll take the couch, very versatile!" Toad said to himself.
Later, the house was silent, only snores could be heard.
Toad slept peacefully, Yoshi, on the other hand, was having trouble going fast asleep.
"Ugh.. No.. Where am I..." Yoshi said on his sleep.

"Ugh... Where am I?" Yoshi asked, as he saw  that everything was on flames, and the sky was bright orange and red.
He looked ahead, and in a corner, stood Peach and Toad, looking around insecurely.
"Hey guys... What's happening?" Yoshi said, trying to stand up.
"What's happening?! More like, why did you do this?! Why did you do this to us?!" Peach said frantically, and she and Toad ran to take cover.
"What?! What did I do?!" Yoshi said, and ventured around, before bumping into a wall. "Ow!"
"Watch out! Behind you Yoshi!" A voice, that sorely sounded like Mario's, warned Yoshi.
"What?!" Yoshi looked, and to his front, an angry Major Burrows quickly approached him, only the blue shell could be seen.
Yoshi, unable to move, screamed in horror, as one of the spikes was about to stab him, everything went red.

"NO! NO!!! NOT ME!!! AHH!!!" Yoshi screamed, and fell down his bed.
Toad hurried into the room, with a frying pan in hand.
"What's happening?! Did someone break into the house?!" Toad asked.
"No, I can't die now... Help..." Yoshi said, still asleep.
"What?!" Toad approached Yoshi, who was down on one corner of the room. "Are you ok?"
Yoshi started to return to his senses.
"Yes... I-I'm alright..." Yoshi said, shivering and with tears running down his face.
"Dude, you must have had a real bad nightmare! You were screaming and saying that you couldn't die, and asked for help!" Toad said, worried.
"I... I d-did?" Yoshi asked, wiping off the tears.
"Yeah! I thought something happened to you! Bandits are common at 6:00 am." Toad said, and helped Yoshi get up.
"No, I'm... F-f-fine... At least." Yoshi managed to say, feeling weak.
"Don't worry, I'll get you a glass of water, so you feel better." Toad said, and dashed off to the kitchen.
"That nightmare... What-what could it mean... I can't si-simply pass it off.. ." Yoshi said to himself. He never had dreamt something on such a level.
"Hey Yoshi, have some water. If you need something else, I'm here. I'll call Mario and Luigi, they can probably help." Toad said, and left the room again, after giving Yoshi the glass of water.
A while later, Mario and Luigi were in the house too.
"And, then, Major Burrows' shell approached me... And..." Yoshi explained.
"And then what?" Mario said.
"I... Don't know... But I think I got killed..." Yoshi said, holding back his tears.
"Alright, don't worry. We all have very bad dreams at times. Probably a mix of Mario Galaxy we played plus something scary we watched made the Dream happen." Luigi analyzed.
"Huh, you have quite the knowledge about dreams Luigi." Toad commented.
"Thank Dreambert for that. Heh." Luigi said.
"Anyway, why do you think it means something else?" Mario asked Yoshi.
"I don't know... I feel it... It's a premonition... I guess I am going to die soon..." Yoshi said in fear.
"Nah, don't worry. How about we go to Merlee to consult such a dream?" Mario suggested.
"Sounds good to me." Luigi agreed.
"Alright." Yoshi said.
Later, they were at Merlee's place in Flipside.
"Hello, Mario, and Luigi... What brings you to my place, so many years past?" Merlee asked the Bros.
"Well, you see, you're a fortune teller, and you have all this crazy knowledge in Super natural stuff and dreams, right?" Luigi asked.
"Indeed. What shall I help you with?" Merlee responded and asked.
"We got a friend here, that had quite a nightmare, and he feels that it means something." Mario said, and stepped aside to show Yoshi.
"Yes... I just think... Feel that it's something..." Yoshi said.
"Alright... Tell me the dream, and I may tell you what's going on." Merlee said, and proceeded to listen to Yoshi.
A few minutes later, she was done analyzing.
"Yes... Yes.... I see it now, Yoshi." Merlee said.
"What do you see?" Yoshi said.
"This dream you had, my friend, is a premonition of things to come. And it's not looking bright, sorry to say." Merlee explained.
"...." Yoshi stood there speechless, just shedding a tear.
"But fear not. You can change your fate. Be careful of what you do, and always watch your back, always. As so, you may break the seal of fate that was placed upon you." Merlee said.
"Alrig-alright. I'll do so. Thanks." Yoshi said, and felt more clear.
Later, they were back at Yoshi's House, discussing what happened.
"This is all the more mysterious." Mario said.
"I agree." Toad added.
"Yup, but I think I feel better now, I just need to relax alone. Thanks for your help." Yoshi said.
"Friends are here to help, Yosh." Luigi said, patting Yoshi on a shoulder.
"Well, we'll be on our way then. Take care Yoshi." Mario said as he and Luigi walked off, Toad following.
"Yes, I will." Yoshi said, and entered his house, with stress running down his spine.
Next day, it was all pretty normal. M. Para Koopa had come by Yoshi's House to visit him, and have a sleepover.