Chapter 19: Gateway To The Starry Sky

Things are going downhill, Kamek has seen the perfect opportunity to end Yoshi, and he has done it. Yoshi is dead. Mario thinks he's got the culprit...

Mario jumped off to M. Para Koopa, and gave him a fiery uppercut, sending him flying up and back to the ground.

"Ouch!!! Agh.... I feel burned..." M. Para Koopa said, completely caught off guard. He tried to avoid Mario for quite a while, but he was now face to face with the man himself.

"Aren't you going to fight?! Or do you need your puny bosses over?! You're not going to get me so easy!" Mario said, ready to fight.

"But... I'm telling you! I didn't kill Yoshi! I didn't send the bosses!" M. Para Koopa said, scared.

"Stop your nonsense, and be brave!" Mario yelled and grabbed M. Para Koopa by a wing. "I have seen weak Koopas, but you must be the leader of the bunch!" he said, and chuckled.

Then, M. Para Koopa's usual attitude came back. He wasn't going to lose to Mario. And he was going to prove his point.

"Well! Be it! I'll fight!" M. Said, and freed himself from Mario. He prepared himself.

"Alright!!" both ran towards each other and started fighting. It was intense. Luigi, after putting Yoshi's body on a corner, watched, fearful. Maybe this Koopa wanted to hurt Yoshi, and that's why it's trying to defeat Mario.
Trying.
M. Para Koopa fought well, but he was no match for Mario. Shortly, Mario had him pinned to the ground.

"Looks like you did want to kill my friend. You Koopa's get more rotten by the minute!" Mario said.

"Ouch... I... I..." M. Para Koopa stuttered, wanting to admit defeat. He saw Mario slightly smirk, while still keeping his serious look.

"Admit defeat?" Mario asked.

"No!! L-look Mario, there is no need to fight! I know who did this!" M. Para Koopa replied. Instead of trying to fight Mario, he wanted to make things out peacefully.

"Aw, now you want to talk out of this, now that you're losing? I know words hit harder than punches, but this time it won't be the case. Let alone with a Koopa." Mario said.

M. Para Koopa was ready to talk when suddenly, various magic blasts surrounded him and Mario, and pushed both aside.

"Gah! What was that?!" Mario asked.

"I don't know... Please don't be what I'm thinking..." M. Para Koopa said, fearful, and stood up.

When he was about to talk, another wave of blasts hit him, leaving him badly hurt. Mario looked, surprised. He wanted to see what was going on.

"What the..." He said.

"No.... He's here..." M. Para Koopa said, still standing, but weakened. He knew who was attacking him.

Then, as he was going to say something, M. Para Koopa screamed in pain. Mario and Luigi just flinched, horrified.

A shadow stood behind M. Para Koopa.

"... No... ..." M. said, looked at Mario, and collapsed. Someone had stabbed him in the back of his neck.

"No way... I did it... I DID IT! HE'S DEAD! AHAHAHAHA!!! HAHAHAHA!!!" The shadow laughed like a maniac. It was Koopa. He had dreamt of finishing M. For all his jokes. When he heard Kamek's desires to also kill him, he couldn't be more lucky.