Chapter 17: Enter: Cosmic! Pt 2

Last chapter showed us the dark side of the space environment, as a cosmic clone of Yoshi was unleashed on the city, and going as Yoshi started it's reign of chaos. Only one thing was enough to get the real Yoshi going, as his friendship was severely damaged...

"Alright, just need to find that clone of me, and stop it right on his tracks." Yoshi said, very confidently. He walked around, and everything looked seemingly normal. Just then, he saw the Mario Bros. walking around, as if looking for someone.

"Man, I hope that they haven't seen Cosmic, and that M. Para Koopa hasn't told them about anything. All that about me isn't true." Yoshi said as he approached the Bros. "H-hey guys!" Yoshi saluted, but the response was an attack by Luigi.

"Wow!! What's the problem?!" Yoshi yelled as he freed himself and threw Luigi off, just then Mario lunged towards him.

"Why are they attacking me?! This isn't Smash Bros!" Yoshi said, and looked at Luigi, then at Mario. Both had bright red eyes and dark blue particles circling around them.

"They're being controlled, but by who?!" Yoshi said, and as Mario ran towards him, he had no other option than to fight back. He pushed himself to attack Mario, and threw him towards Luigi.

Both Bros. Yelled and Mario attempted to stand up, but Yoshi was stepping on his foot.

"Will you say something?! Who is this?!" Yoshi said, looking menacingly at the Bros. Red eyes.
Just then, their eyes flashed back. Mario to his usual sky blue, and Luigi to his lighter variation of blue.

"Say... Say what?" Mario shook his head, and asked.

"Yeah, what are you talking about? And where are we?" Luigi added, completely disoriented.

It took Yoshi no more than a few seconds to realize what was going on.

"We are in Toad Road. I think you guys were under control of someone." Yoshi said, and looked around.

"I think it was by you... Never knew you had hypnotic powers..." Mario said, recalling what he last remembered.

"What?"

"Yeah! You came over to us after coming out of the bank, and you put Mario in a trance! And me too, wasn't able to run in time..." Luigi explained.

"... That wasn't me." Yoshi said, and clutched the hammer, which he had now in hand.

"How so? Green Yoshis are few, but it's easy to distinguish who's you." Mario said.

"No. You see, you know cosmic clones? The ones you guys raced against in Mario Galaxy?" Yoshi asked, and the Bros. Nodded.

"So, it seems I have one too, and it's making himself appear like me so he can cause chaos! He's already done enough!" Yoshi said, remembering M. Para Koopa.

"Wait, really?" Luigi said, surprised. Just then, an explosion was heard.

"What?!" The there yelled in unison.

Toad came running towards them, scared, and stopped, not even noticing Yoshi.

"Yoshi!! He's attacking some houses!!!" Toad yelled, scared.

"No, that ain't Yoshi!" Luigi said back, and moved aside to Show Yoshi was right there.

"What?!?!" Toad said. He was extremely confused. Yoshi was just at the Plaza!