Chapter 28 Help

The ride there is long and my body aches again, I almost feel asleep and all I want to do is lie down in my bed and sleep but who knows when that'll happen. If it'll ever happen. The car comes to a halt and Paul lifts the mask off my face. I blink the sleep away from my eyes and look around to see what's happening. I was seated back down as Paul opened the back doors of the car and two men jumped in behind him. They began to take off the boys covers and remove large strips of duct tape from their mouths.

They look awful, bile rose in my throat at the sight of them. Each and everyone was bloodied and bruised, I felt bad that I had the chance to shower and change this morning, it feels selfish. Someone throws a bag in the car and the men open it, strangling for small white clothes and bottles of what looks like water. They open the bottles and pour a generous amount onto each towel handing one to each of my brothers. Everyone takes them willingly except for Liam. The man has to slap him in the face to wake him from a day dream and I hold back the urge to jump on the guy.

Someone pushes me towards the exit and the sun seems to burst my eyes open. I quickly cover my face, I don't know how long it's been since I've been exposed to direct sunlight but it feels like it's been years. Slowly, my eyes are able to adjust to the bright sun and I try to figure out where we are but all I can see are trees, lots and lots of trees.

"The girls ready," A man yells to Paul with a tight grip on my arm.

"Bring her to the car!" Paul answers back leading to the man dragging me a couple of meters away to a mini-van. He thrusts the door open and shoves me into the back seat, slamming the door closed and walking back to the car my brothers are in. I jump to the middle seat and pull on the handle but it's locked. I plunge towards the front seat and pull on the handle and press the buttons but somehow it's locked from the outside.

I run to backseat again and look through the window, all I can see are two men in black standing outside of the large van having their own conversation.

I say there looking through the window, trying to catch a glimpse of them. A body drops to the ground and I notice it's Theo. I pound my fists against the glass trying to get his attention. Instead, he pushes himself off the ground and gets pulled back into the van.

After a while of sitting there, staring at the coniferous trees surrounding us, Chas was rushed towards my vehicle, knocking me out of my trance. The man ushering him pushed him through the car door. I sprung at him as he fell to the floor.

"Chad!" I grabbed at his shirt collar, trying to pull his body up. I wasn't much help and he eventually got up on his own. He raised his head to mine and I stare into his eyes, they look so cold. I quickly wrap my arms around him, waiting for his arms to return the favor. "Chad I'm scared, what the hell is happening?" I murmur through the tears falling off my cheeks.

"I-I don't know,"

"What's he gonna do to us?" My words are barely audible through my sobs.

"I-" His words were quickly cut off by the opening of the door. I let go of Chad and turned to see the commotion. Behind me, Peter, Liam, and Theo were being shoved inside, Liam and I moved to the backseat as Peter joined us and Theo and Chad sat in the middle 2 seats. Soon the front doors opened, Ben being shoved by 2 large men and Paul taking the driver's seat and plunging the keys into the engine.

Everyone was quiet, not a sound emerged from anyone's lips, Paul, of course, broke the silence.

"So are you kids ready for a road trip?" He seemed quite chipper and was in a surprisingly lot good mood, something I never saw much of as a child. Of course, no one responded and he seemed to avert his eyes through his rear view mirror. "You alright there Chandler? You're looking a little down." It's been forever since I've heard anyone call Chad Chandler, it's his real name but he started going by Chad when Paul went to jail. Chad seems frozen, he sits unmoving like all of us but I can't even tell if he's breathing. Meanwhile, Paul keeps his focus on Chad, his eyes like lasers.

"Let's just go," Ben gestures to Paul, they make eye contact and Paul moves his hands to the steering wheel and turns the car engine on.

"I told you guys we were gonna make this work, we can be a happy family again."

"We can't be a happy family if everyone's afraid of you," I mumble under my breath, apparently I wasn't that quite because all eyes are on me including Paul.

"Well, I'm sure we can change that, sweetheart." Paul grins at me through the rearview mirror and I feel the bile rise in my throat, "Now let's make a pit stop at the grocery store first.

We drove for what seemed like hours but in reality was only a couple of minutes, the quiet made the ride even more agonizing. As we departed from the car, I noticed the group of black SUV's following close behind us, parking in different spots of the parking lot. They were the men that worked for Paul, there is no way to escape, I'm stuck with the devil himself and who knows where he's taking us.

"Let's go kiddo's," Paul says while taking my hand, I try to pull away but he gives me a look and I stop fighting him, maybe if I stopped fighting things would get easier.

Sorry for the cliffhanger again I decided to post this so you guys would have something to read and I cut the chapter in half so the other stuff I was stuck on will just be isn't the next chapter hat I will hopefully be posting soon!