Imagine 1

Jessie POV

My parents came to my room and told me to pack up my things because we were going to Edmonton mall. Once we got there we went on one of the water slides that continued for a long time. We got off and walked around the mall.

"Mom, what time is it?" I asked.

"It is time for lunch. Come on let's go."

We headed to the food court and sat at an empty table at the back. I turned on my phone and went through Instagram.

"Hey, Jess, who is that staring at you?" My mom asked.

I looked up and saw the new guy from my class looking at me.

"Oh, mom that's just Shawn."

"Why is he looking at you?"

"I don't know."

The person called our number and I headed to the front to collect our food. I picked up our tray and when I turned around I Shawn standing in front of me.

"Hey, do you mind if I come sit with you?"

"Sure. Follow me."

We headed to the back where my parents were sitting.

"Hey guys, this is Shawn. He came to join us."

"Hey Shawn. I'm Emily and this is Paul."

"Hi."

We sat down and started my parents started to talk to Shawn. The person called number 232 and Shawn stood up.

"Sorry, that's me."

He headed to the front.

"Honey, why are you watching Shawn instead of eating."

I blushed, "Mom! It's nothing. I just have something to tell him."

Shawn came back soon after and sat down beside me. "So what are we talking about?"

"Well, we were just talking about how Jessie has to tell you something."

"Mom!"

"Really, what did you have to tell me?" Shawn says turning to me.

"Come here." I told him getting up from the table.

He got up and followed me to the side, a little away from the table.

"So, what did you want to tell me?"

"Um...I just wanted to tell you that..." I started pausing and my hands got all clammy. I wiped them on my pants.

"Yes..." Shawn said, begging me to continue.

"...I like you..." I said looking down.

Shawn lifted head up with his pointer finger.

"Well, that good...cause I like you too." He said smiling.

Shawn started leaning in and he kissed me gently. I put my arms around his neck and he moved to my waist and pulled me closer to him. He pulled away and we looked at each other not saying anything.

We let go of each other and walked back to the table holding hands. As we sat down my parents smirked at me. I looked down and realized that we Shawn and I were still holding hands. I smiled down at our hands and Shawn squeezed it. I looked up and him and he was smiling at me. Which caused me to smile back.

"Jessie, why are you guys smiling at each other?" My dad asked.

"No reason." I replied and look at my mom. She had a huge grin on her face and I shot her a can you not look. She got the hint and stopped smiling. I started eating my food again with my free hand, and when I looked back up at my mom she had a curious look on her face. Later I mouthed.