8

When you close the letter, you, as well as everyone else sigh at the wording.

'Love' he had written. You sigh again, then giggle a bit in your head. You feel like a high school teen again, daydreaming about a crush.

The first to snap out of her Jack-induced-daydream is Arti. She nudges Lily frantically before grabbing her arm and dragging her to you, PAST you, and up to your room, you in tow.

"We are totally gonna give you the makeover of a lifetime!" Arti bounces up and down excitedly before turning and practically diving into your clothes collection. While you're a bit overwhelmed, you hear Lily snort beside you. She watches Arti's escapades with affectionate exasperation before turning to you.

"We've been friends since we were kids, but didn't notice each other until this morning. It's nice to see her again." she snorts a second time. "If you can't tell, she lives for this kind of stuff."

You both turn back to the woman in question when she pops up from the mountain of fashion she had created. Arti's eyes are shining as id she had found a diamond at an excavation site or something, and when you see what she's holding, you understand why.

Arti is holding a dress. No, not a dress, the dress. The sweater dress you found on a thrift store dig and had bought for only 10 dollars when the price tag had said 50. You can still remember the joy you and your [b/f/n] had experienced upon realizing it was your size, and how good you'd felt wearing it.

It was beautiful, the perfect blend of form fitting and loose, reaching just above your knees. The sleeves hit right at your palms, making it perfect for grabbing and pulling when you got cold. The thread was a creamy-yet-snowy-white.

Arti is holding it delicately, as if  it's precious (which it is).

"That one. Definitely." you and Arti agree with Lily's comment immediately and the Make over commences.

Zzzzzzz- after makeover-zzzzzZ

You somehow survive the hurricane that is Arti and Lily's Beauty Parlor™, and within 2 hours youre deemed presentable to the King of High Fives

You huff at them.

"Was all this seriously nessassary??"

"See for yourself." Lily's self-satisfied answer is all you get, so you decide to take her advice.

"...Whoa..." You are amazed by your reflection. Maybe Arti's agonizing over your eyeliner and Lily's torture over your hair and accessories was worth it. Scratch that  it definitely was.

You. Are. Stunning.

The grey jacket and matching boots are adorable, and your hat screams "stylish".

Let Jack try to resist you now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I PROMISE THAT THERE IS GONNA BE A GIGANTIC DATE CHAPTER NEXT SORRY FOR THE LATENESS.

I LOVE YOU ALLLL!

Magnitude101