Ch. 9 What makes you happy?

The bell rang which told students to go to their class. Adrielle looks at everyone asking them what their first class is. Jay pulls out his schedule that Evie gave him when he woke up from his sleep. He curiously stared at his schedule and passes it to Adrielle who takes it from him. Adrielle looks at the schedule and smiled when she realized that she shares some classes with Jay. 

" Your first period is How to be a Good Citizen of Auradon with Headmistress Fairy Godmother" Adrielle looks at Jay. " I never heard that class before" She frowns. 

Doug turns to Adrielle.

" That's because Headmistress Fairy Godmother added that class for the children of the Isle of the Lost" He tells her.

Adrielle looks at Doug.

"  Well, I think it's bogus" She sighed. " I could tell that you four are good people even though your parents did bad things in their past. Just because your parents are villains doesn't mean you four are" She looks at them. 

Mal and Carlos stared at Adrielle feeling surprised and a bit happy that she doesn't think they are evil.

Evie and Jay smiled at Adrielle. 

Carlos turns to Jay.

" She's not that bad after all" He smirks.

Jay glared at Carlos. 

Adrielle turns to Jay and smiled.

" Jay! We have second period together" She tells him.

Jay looks at Adrielle.

" What is it?" He asked.

" Literature!" Adrielle beamed. " It's my favorite class with Professor Milo" She tells him. " We should get going because the second bell is going to ring soon" She waves goodbye to everyone and runs away not wanting to be late. 

Everyone went their separate ways as Jay and his friends arrived at their first class. Jay sat down between Evie and Carlos. He hears the door opened seeing Fairy Godmother with a girl their age that dresses similar to her. He wears a bored expression on his face wanting to be in second period already so he can go and be with Adrielle. He looks at the bored seeing Fairy Godmother write something with chalk.

" Hello class, my name is Fairy Godmother and the beautiful young lady next to me is my daughter Jane" Fairy Godmother introduced herself to them. " Jane, say hello to the class" She looks at her daughter.

Jane blushed.

" H-Hello" She stuttered.

Jay closed his eyes and thinks about Adrielle wondering what she's doing. He sighed hearing Fairy Godmother lecturing them on how to be a good citizen of Auradon. He felt like he was in the class for many hours when his eyes opened hearing the bell rang. 

" Class is dismissed. Tomorrow, you will turn in a paragraph on what makes you happy" Fairy Godmother waved goodbye to them.

Jay quickly stands up and runs out of the classroom to meet up with Adrielle. He smiled when he sees her walking with Doug. 

" Adrielle!" He shouts greeting her with a smile.

Adrielle smiled when she sees him.

" Jay! Ready for second period" She looks at him.

Jay nods his head.

" I'll try my best to stay awake" He tells her.

Adrielle giggles.

She walks with Jay and Doug to their second period. She asked Jay how his first period went with Fairy Godmother.

" Ehhh. It's alright. I already have my first homework" He mumbled.

Adrielle smiled.

" What is it?" She asked.

" To write a paragraph on what makes me happy" Jay tells her.

Adrielle stands outside of the classroom.

" What makes you happy?" She asked. 

Jay hummed wearing a thoughtful expression on his face. His life has been miserable while living in Isle of the Lost but when he arrived at Auradon and met Adrielle. He can't help but be happy around her. He smiled finally realizing what makes him happy which is being with Adrielle.