Ch. 14 She's not a monster!

Jay accompanies Adrielle to the girl's dormitory. He remembers Adrielle telling him that she has a slumber party with Evie and Mal. He pulls his phone out from his pant pocket and dials Evie's number. He hears Evie's voice explaining to her that Adrielle isn't feeling well and that she's not going to make it to the slumber party. Evie responded back to him saying that she wishes Adrielle to be well and that they can have a slumber party at another time. 

Adrielle looks at Jay with a small smile on her face. 

" She would love that" Jay tells Evie. " I'll see you tomorrow. Get a good night rest" He hangs up and puts the phone away in his pant pocket.

Adrielle and Jay arrived at her room. She opens the door and enters the room telling Jay that she can come inside. Jay stood there looking around not wanting to get zapped since it's passed midnight and guys aren't allowed to be in the girl's room during this time. Adrielle reassures him that everything will be okay. Since she's the daughter of the rulers of Auradon, she is allowed to have a room for herself. 

Jay steps inside the room and sighs in relief knowing that he doesn't get zapped. He looks around and smiled since it's his first time going to Adrielle's room. He walks to the bed and sits down feeling comfortable. 

" Nice room" Jay looks at Adrielle

Adrielle closed the door and smiled.

" Thanks. Perks of being the daughter of Auradon's rulers. You get to have a room to yourself" She giggles. " Even Ben has his own room" She walks to the bed and sits down next to Jay.

Jay turns to Adrielle.

" What happened over there Adrielle?" He asked.

Adrielle frowned.

" You know the story of my parents right?" She asked.

Jay nods his head.

" Well, there is more to it than no one knows. The Enchantress cursed my father and there was more to the curse than my father didn't realize" Adrielle tells him. " The other curse is that when his curse is lifted, the second child of his will be born as part man and part beast" She looks down.

Jay frowns.

" And you are the second child" He whispers. 

Tears fell from Adrielle's eyes. 

She brought her hands to her face and cried. Her body shook thinking that Jay wouldn't love her because of what she is. 

Jay's eyes saddened taking Adrielle's hands away from her face. He pulls Adrielle to a hug reassuring her that everything will be okay. He lifts Adrielle's chin up causing her to look at him in the eyes. 

" Adrielle" Jay smiled. " No matter what. I will always love you" He confessed to her. " I don't care if you are part beast" He looks at her. " And besides seeing you like that turned me on" He smirks. 

Adrielle blushed. 

They continued to look at each other in the eyes as they leaned closer and brought their lips together to share a kiss under the moonlight. They pulled away from each other and smiled feeling happy for one another.

At the boy's dormitory in Ben's room. Ben turns to look at Audrey with a disappointed expression on his face. Audrey stared at Ben wondering why he's giving her that look. She looks at him with innocent eyes. 

" Audrey..." Ben stared at her.

" Yes, Bennyboo?" Audrey blinks. 

Ben's eyes narrowed.

" What did you do to my little sister?" He asked.

Audrey gasped.

" I didn't do anything to her!" She tells him. " I'm telling the truth" She frowns. " I thought you trust me" She looks at him with a saddened expression on her face. 

Ben trusts his little sister the most and he knows that the only time she goes into her beast mode is when she's feeling threatened or when her love ones are in danger.

" I'm sorry Audrey but my sister means the world to me" He tells her. " You may think I'm stupid but I noticed the way you been treating my Adri and I don't like it" He wears a serious expression on his face.

Audrey didn't know why but she started to feel scared. 

" Bennybo-" She was cut off by Ben.

" I'm sorry but please call me Ben. From this point onward, we are just going to be friends" Ben tells her. 

Audrey's eyes widened.

" Are you breaking up with me?" She asked. 

Ben looks away from Audrey and points to the door indicating that he wants her out of his room. 

Tears fell from Audrey's eyes.

" You jerk! I can't believe you'll protect that....that monster!" Audrey shouts. 

Ben turns to look at Audrey with an angry expression on his face. 

" She's not a monster!" He snaps at her. 

Audrey couldn't believe that Ben snapped at her. She started to cry and runs out of the room feeling angry and heartbroken. 

Ben walks towards the door and closes it. He turns around and sighs trying to calm himself down. He looks forward and walks towards his nightstand picking up a picture frame and smiled staring at the picture of Adrielle and himself when they were kids. 

" I promised Mom and Dad that I'll protect you with my life and I'll continue to do that" Ben whispered grasping the picture frame lightly

He's been aware of Adrielle's beast side since he was a little boy. He was the first person that witnessed Adrielle's beast side when she attacked a boy who punched Ben in the face. On that same night, his parents explained to Ben that Adrielle was born with a curse from the same Enchantress that cursed his father. He then pledged to his parents that he'll protect Adrielle with his life and make sure she's always happy. He will do anything to make his little sister happy because she means the world to him.