Putrid pasta (6)

When Lily dragged me out of art, I realised I had no lunch.

Normally, I would buy cafeteria food, without a second glance at anything else, but I was used to getting out of school for lunch.

Of course, this was not England.

No way in hell.

"Salad please." I ordered my food to the dinner lady, who raised her eyebrows.

I felt an elbow jab me in the ribs.

"Gracie, we don't do custom orders here..." Lily whispered to me.

"What?" I dead-panned at Lily.

"We only have one menu, take it or leave it." The dinner lady glared at me.

"She'll have the same as me." Lily smiled at me, trying to help me.

"Thanks."

I nodded at her.

We walked through the mess of tables, weaving in and out, dodging other people. Then we somehow ended up sitting on a table that had some ordinary kids occupying the seats.

"Gracie? The Gracie Evans?" Whispers erupted through the cafeteria.

"Yes. That's me people, so how about you shut up and eat your fattening American food huh?" I shouted out.

Silence.

"Thank you, and Bon appetite!" I grinned at Lily who looked like she was about to pee herself laughing.

"It's actually Italian today..." She grinned at me.

"Oops..." I smiled at her.

But I thought it was the normal Italian, you know, pasta and pesto etc.

But no, apparently, soggy over-cooked pasta and Heinz ketchup was classified as 'Italian.'

"I can't eat this..." I stared at my 'food'.

"Here have my salad, I live for this Italian!"

A girl with a mop of ginger hair nudged me her salad box.

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'm Katie." She smelt the air with gusto and bit her lip.

"3,2,1, we confirm the sighting of the hellhounds. I repeat, the hellhounds arrived." Katie nudged Lily and me.

"The hellhounds?"

"ShutUpAndEatYourFood!" Lily hissed at me.

I frowned at at my salad, looking nowhere in particular, missing the Union Jack flag hanging above the salad bar, the beat bullies posters and just the sheer place.

I missed England.

But America was my home now.

.~*~.

Hi, this is me just going back and adding a photo of Katie- Bella Thorne. 

Picture to the side! xox