Sleepy Stories Along With Hugs (26)

Chapter dedicated to @miranda_122 for voting and leaving me the sweetest comments! Means millions xo

I got out of the hotel with minimal flashes of light attacking me, which is good. Not perfect, but good, anyway. It was about ten to eleven at night, and London was still awake. The red lights flashing in the skies to alert planes not to fly in the airspace were as awake as I was.

Tomorrow in the morning we were meant to drive to the airport in the afternoon, meaning I would have to endure a particularly painful two-three hours to Italy. We were supposed to land in the Naples airport, and as per my request, stay a night and a day in Amalfi. It was a beautiful city in my opinion, a city with aspects of modern culture and a rich history. Yes, sue me, my inner dork was emerging; for example: Mount Vesuvius is due to erupt in the next few years, with the same magnitude of the eruption that killed everyone in the city in the Roman times.

And naturally, the gelato and pizza are most delicious in the original nation.

Milan was the city where fashion is at it's finest, joint with Paris of course. But I wasn't really bothered about the runway shows anymore. I just wanted to stop sending kids my age a bad body image. I wholeheartedly disagreed on teen dieting, and I fully understand that before my face emerges in a fashion magazine I would have been fully retouched and photoshopped.

My mother would get an earful as soon as I get home, I would make sure of that.

I walked in the elevator and before I knew it, I was in the balcony of my room curled up saying goodbye to my hometown, not ever going to be ready to leave home.

The fact that if I focused really hard in the distance, I would see my old apartment was not helping me and my sudden homesickness.

I would always miss the never ending hum of the busy metropolis, the diversity of people living here. Heck, I would miss the ugly flying rats I was obliged to call pigeons.

My fingers involuntarily traced my lips, which were still tingling from the kiss. Tom kissed me. What does that make us now? He's a player, so he would have just dismissed any feeling.

Yes, I felt something. Something buried deep inside of me, something that was impossible for me to feel for Tom. But on a weird way I didn't feel anything, I just felt utter surprise that he actually would kiss me.

I think maybe I'm other thinking everything. A little.

"There you are." Tom's voice rouses me from my numb state, he's behind me too, thus me not seeing his face.

I snort. "Where else would I be?"

"With you, I would never know Gracie." He sighs.

Tom sits down beside me and turns his head towards myself. I sniffle before wiping my damp eyes. Crap, I'm actually crying.

"Are you crying?" He asks incredulously.

"I just-" I begin but before I can even finish he surprises me by pulling me into his lap and holding me tight. "It's okay, let it out." He whispers into my hair.

So all my walls came tumbling down.

"I just can't deal with this Tom, okay? Oliver's back and I'm so scared, and I just hate this!" I gasp for air before continuing. "I hate being a model, I hate making Sophie have such a bad mentality, I just hate myself!" My arms are flailing, and trying to push the solid wall of Tom's abdominals.

He's holding me so tight I can't even breathe properly. "Sophie's alright, we got rid of all the magazines that she used to read. But you promised me to tell me about what happened with Oliver."