Tom gets hurt-again (14)

"Why you little -" He jumps up and clutches his cheekbone (which just looks more defined and chiseled than before, darn.)

"You should really watch your mouth, pretty boy, your father would not be happy if I told him about you." I smirked at him, caressing his jaw, and I have to admit: I liked touching his face...

But no one will know that.

He froze his whole body when my thumb reached just under his full lips.

I wonder how it would it feel to kiss him...

No!

Lean in, lean in, lean in...

Stop! Don't lead him on!

One more inch...

Oh I give up!

His eyes slowly close, awaiting my lips on his own.

And now to put the plan into action.

I sit there, a few centimetres separating his body from me. My left hand is knotted in his hair and my right thumb is still fixed onto his chin and under his lips.

I lean into him and before I actually kiss him, I whisper something that will probably regret for many years to come:

"This is war, pretty boy."

And to add the cherry on top of the double strawberry sundae, when I whisper that phrase my lips very lightly brush against his.

Oh I am so ready to win this war.

He stiffened when I pulled away, and I jumped up grabbing my book and bag. After I pretty much sealed my fate yesterday by punching Tom, I decided to live my life to the full. I mean, let's have fun!

Leaving the library and walking through the crowded hall whispers erupted.

"She punched Tom Wright!"

"Did you see what she did in the library?"

"Yeah. She played the player!"

"She should to cheer try outs..."

"She's the supermodel!"

I walked until I crashed into a mess of brunette hair.

"Ow!"

"Omg! You're alive!"

"Lily, why wouldn't I be?"

"We all saw it..."

"Saw what, exactly?"

"How you made Tom catch his breath."

"No, I crushed him, I sat on top of him!"

"You nearly kissed him!"

"I wasn't actually... I just... played him, alright?!" I managed to choke out to a nearly purple Lily.

"You have started Third World War, Gracie!"

"I don't care. He fired the first shot!"

I scoffed at Lily.

"You punched him! You began to play him! You started it!"

"No- he came to my house and tried to tell on me!"

"He. Came. To. Your. House?!" She screeched causing everyone in earshot to stare.

"Yeah."

"That is not okay!"

"I know! Hang on, Why?"

"He's my ex-boyfriend!"

Oh.

"Right, anything else you could have told me before I punch him again?!"

"Don't you even dare-" Lily spat out.

"Watch me."