Driving and Posing (20)

"Hey Gracie."
Lily's voice rang out behind me.

"Hi." I replied curtly.

"I'm sorry."
She fiddled with the strap of her bag.

"All forgiven." I beam at her.

"I just got angry, because he used me and I want to be the one reason why he falls." She mumbles, and I have got to admit, she's brave to let her weaknesses out.

"Well, you can, let's go." I grab her by her arm and drag her into our last lesson, art.

"Bonjour children! We have a model in today, so if you would like to take our our pencils!" Monsieur McCarthy's voice rung out from behind the door.

I reached in my pocket to take my pencils before a hairy arm grabbed me.

"Here she is!" My demonic teacher grinned.

Oh hell no.

"Excuse me?" I shout, glaring at him.

"Well, since the trip and you being a model, please can you model for us today?"

"No-"

"I'll give you an A+." Monsieur McCarthy nodded at me.

"Do it!"

"Do it!"

"Do it!"

"Doesn't she have to be attractive and naked for that?"

That voice, belongs to Tom Wright.

"What do I have to do?" I ask my evil teacher.

"Sit and do something." He beams at me.

Walking over to the tulle covered stool, I pull out my copy of Twelfth Night and begin reading. Soon enough, there is pin drop silence and the occasional 'can I borrow an eraser/sharpener?'.

I allow myself to be lost in Viola's troubles, her dilemma in loving Duke Orsino when he loves Olivia. Olivia loves Viola's disguise- Cesario.

It's as if when I read about someone else's troubles, mine go away.

It's magical.

The shrill sound of the bell rings out and I jump up from my position.
Slamming to a huge body on my way out. I was teetering in the air, halfway down to falling, until a pair of hands grabbed my waist and pulled me up.

Who was this?

Who cares, he's giving you a hug!

But he smells familiar.

Get over it, brain!

"Watch it, Miss Model."
Tom spat at me.

"The hell is your problem?!"
I shove his chest away from my own, to no avail.

"You. You think you are better than all of us, don't you?"
He tugged on my hair, firmly.

"Actually, I don't. I think I'm the most despicable person in this room, being a reason why a six year old skips dinner. I think that you are lucky to not be part of this world, my world. Because I envy you, Tom." I shout in his face, blowing spearmint in his face.

He opens his mouth, As if to say something, but immediately closes it. He repeats this opening and closing of his mouth several times and gapes at me.

I feel so vulnerable, letting my feelings and emotions fly freely in the halls of the school.

"I'm sorry-"
He stutters.

"Forget it, I don't care anymore." I scream in frustration.

I walk away from him, my pace matching the pace of a speed walker on crack cocaine. I need to get home before I kill something.