London's Ghosts (27)

Dedicated to @mindless- for this amazing-superb-wonderful cover! Comment which one you'd prefer- I'll switch it accordingly. Just to remind you, feel free to send me this type of stuff because even with a sprained knee ligament I can jump on the sofa from the unexpected surprise.

Song to the side is Bloc Party, Signs. Not going to lie, it's one of my favourite songs yet- It reminds me of travelling and new discovery and whatnot.

"Xoxo, Gossip Girl"

* Oyster is a plastic smartcard which can hold pay as you go credit, Travelcards and Bus & Tram season tickets. You can use an Oyster card to travel on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London.

After M&M world, I asked Tom if I could go visit my flat before I moved to a smaller city in England. I lived in England for thirteen years, I moved away and came back again to London, and then moved to a smaller city again.

He complied, but I'm pretty sure he only said yes because I told him we would take the tube.

I still had my Oyster card* still valid, so Tom would buy one ticket for himself.

As always, the idiot inside of me made me take the most crowed train, and the hottest station. We both looked positively sweaty and gross after the few minutes in the tube.
We were in the heart of the city now, the office buildings and banks would illuminate the sky tonight, and I wouldn't see it.

I wouldn't see the people I wanted to see, seeing Addy would just be awkward for Tom. So I compromised. For him.

"Sure you want to do this, princess?"

I gulped. "I need to."

Fear was pretty inadequate at the moment, yet it still made the appearance in my heart. Maybe it was because only the ghost of the memories would be there, not actual ones.

A warm hand gently reached out for my palm, and laced his fingers with mine.

"It's okay Gracie."

I nodded in self assurance. It would be okay. I'd just see the flat and walk out again.

My legs wobbled as I made my way through the foyer. I didn't even spare a single glance at the receptionist, and that caused my throat to thicken, I was too scared to look at the face I seen so many times a day.

I still remembered the pin code so I could access the elevator. Tom's hand was soft, but the pad of his thumb was mildly callused, probably from the boxing gloves he used. His thumb kneaded soothing circles on my knuckles.

This elevator was small, so whatever position we would be in, we would be still touching shoulders. The air was sparking with conductivity, and my shoulder felt like it was under a constant shower of cold fire.

The lift slowly stopped at my floor, and I had to press the individual code again so the doors would open.

The house hadn't changed at all, save for the ghostly white sheets covering the main furniture. The ghosts of memories flashed in my mind like galloping horses. My feet automatically pushed forward towards my room, and Tom followed in tow.

"It's changed, everything has changed..." I whispered. My room was pretty much emptied, apart from my dresser drawrer, desk and my white wicker chair that was still suspended from the ceiling.

Tom's voice "Gracie, are you okay?"

"Obviously I'm okay! I'm just crying because I want to look pretty for a guy that I think I'm starting to have feelings for-"