Chapter 21: Jacket

Sorry this took so long!!!!!!! And it's short....I'm sorry.

Anyway, enjoy. Oh....and please ignore the last couple of paragraphs. I have no idea what I'm doing. :P

Just pretend it's not there okay.

Okay.

A/N: Just a quick note: It's unlikely I will be updating this till 2020 at the earliest, if I ever get the chance. So for now, this is the last chapter. Sorry!!

Kuroko waited impatiently in the chair for the doctor to return with his test results. It had been more than a month since he started physical therapy and he was getting stronger. Unfortunately, more energy and strength was making him restless. He wanted to start going to school again instead of being cooped up in the house all day. However, he required the doctors' approval to attend school.

Since Dr. Nakata moved out after the physical therapy started because a live-in doctor was no longer needed, Akashi took Kuroko to the hospital for a checkup every week. The doctor would run several tests, weigh him, and look over the physical therapists reports before deciding what Kuroko was and was not cleared to do. He would also ask about eating habits and whether any purging or cutting incidents occurred.

So far, only four incidents had taken place. Twice in the past month or so he had cut and twice he had purposefully thrown up. Or at least, he was caught twice. There were a couple days where his intake was barely above zero too, but for the most part, he was doing much better with his eating. He still couldn't get over his fear of finishing his food though and if Akashi wasn't so pushy about his intake, he would probably be eating less, but that wasn't important. In fact, not much was important to him at the moment except getting the doctors permission to start going to school again. Besides, maybe if he could go to school again, the other things would be easier.

Akashi glanced over at his fidgeting lover with a sigh before placing his hand over the others still too bony hand. "Tetsuya...." He said softly. He wanted to say 'be patient' but he knew it was futile. There was a good chance Kuroko would be cleared for school and even Akashi was looking forward to it.

Luckily, the doctor finally returned. He glanced over the open file in his hands and smiled at the two boys as he took a seat on the stool at the desk. "I have your test results for the week and I've read over the therapists notes." He spoke in a cheery tone. "You're up by nine pounds since the beginning of the month which is good, but could be better. Your test results are improving as well and I understand there were no incidents this past week?" The doctor looked up for confirmation of the last part. Both boys nodded.

"There were none." Akashi confirmed verbally when the doctor didn't answer right away.

"Good!" The doctor nodded and scribbled something on his clipboard before looking at Kuroko with a soft smile. "You can go to school."

A big grin, well big for Kuroko, appeared on the bluenettes face and he quickly turned to Akashi and startled him with a hug. "I get to go to school, Sei-kun."

Akashi chuckled. "I heard."

"There are some rules though." The doctor interrupted.

Kuroko pulled away from Akashi and settled back into his seat. The doctor pulled out a packet of paper and handed it over.

"The principle and teachers will need to be given these." He motioned to the papers. "It's permission for special accommodations such as being able to leave class if you become stressed or too tired. It also excuses you from physical education courses, events, and activities. You should read over it yourself as well so you know what permissions you do and do not have."

"Hai. Thank you sir."

"I'm not done yet. If you drop below 85 pounds or if going to school negatively affects your health in any way, you will have to take a break until you can be cleared again. Is that understood?"

"Hai."

"Good. I expect to see you again next week." The doctor rose and smiled, giving the boys a small bow before exiting the room. Akashi stood as well and held out his hand for Kuroko to take, which the latter did eagerly.

"Let's go home. I have something for you." Akashi grinned as he pulled Kuroko from the seat.

--o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

When they arrived at the mansion, Akashi took Kuroko's hand and led him to the bedroom, through the attached bathroom, and into the large walk-in closet. He let go and pulled out a plain brown paper bag from behind the section of suits. It was a good hiding place since Kuroko never touched the suits or that section in general saying he was afraid of messing it up.

Pushing the brown bag into Kuroko's hands, he placed a quick kiss on Kuroko's forhead. "Open it." He said with a smile that reached his eyes.

Kuroko eyes him suspiciously but did as he was told and pulled out the tissue paper on the top. His hands grasped a ball of fabric or rather, a folded jacket and pulled it out letting the jacket unfold itself in the air.

"Sei?" Kuroko gasped holding the Rakuzan basketball team jacket in his hands that had his name in cursive sewed on.

"I know you can't play right now, but I want you as a manager. Your observation skills are more than perfect for the position and it will give you something to do while I'm at practice." Akashi explained, barely able to finish before being pulled into his lovers arms.

Kuroko squeezed him tightly letting a few tears fall from his eyes which startled Akashi.

"Tetsuya?" He asked worried that he had upset the bluenette.

"Thank you." Kuroko squeezed him again. "Are you sure you want me though?" He asked pulling away.

Akashi studied those bright blue eyes a moment before pulling Kuroko to him and kissing him. "Of course" he whispered not detaching his lips. Gently, he nibbled Kuroko's lip till his tongue was granted entrance into Kuroko's mouth and permission to explore. It was the first non-chaste kiss the two had shared and Kuroko melted into Akashi's warm embrace as his tongue desperately tried to keep up with Akashi's till the two finally were forced apart to give their lungs the necessary air. If only breathing wasn't a necessity they would have gladly continued.

Scooping Kuroko up princess style, Akashi carried him back to the bedroom and dumped him onto the bed. He would love to do more than just kiss, but Kuroko definitely was not cleared for that yet, so the two locked lips again. When they finally came apart, Akashi pulled Kuroko into his embrace and nuzzled his face into Kuroko's hair. "I love you."

"I love you too." Kuroko whispered a bit breathless closing his eyes.

�k�[�O�