3

Dear diary,

Today I skipped therapy and cried in my bed all day. I had thought that coming to Korea would mean that I would get better but the loneliness still manages to creep in and haunt me all the time. It's not like I haven't tried talking to people but I didn't have any friends in school here except this group called bangtan sonyeondan but I'm pretty sure they were just being polite by talking to me in school because one of their members, aka taehyung was the reason I had no friends.

Another thing that refrains me from getting over my depression and moving on is the fact that my mom and dad got divorced and they didn't even bother to tell me when I was in Australia. I came back here and went home only to see that mom had moved out and dad was living alone.

When I asked them why they didn't tell me, they told me "You didn't need to know. It doesn't concern you." But what I don't understand is, how does my parents getting divorced not concern me? Didn't I deserve to know? And of course, this left me to question if they even cared about me. No one asked me even once how I was after I returned which is why no one knows about my depression. Some family.

One happy thing did happen though. Taehyung and I exchanged numbers again. He told me "friends need to have each other's phone numbers" and that made my heart flutter just a little bit. I'm glad he still considers us friends. I didn't think he would after what I did.

He still hasn't told me what the reason for his depression is. I think about it all the time though. What is the reason he lost his smile? What made him put up those four walls around him? Why is there always this feeling of lingering sadness around him? What breaks my heart the most though, is the fact that I can see that he is about to give up hope. Hope that he will get better. Hope of achieving all he wants in life. And it absolutely crushes my heart.

I hope I can one day know what has got him so down and maybe, just maybe, help him get over it.
Yoo Ra
1/4/17

//
sorry for the late update I had cousins over who weren't letting me write sigh. I'll compensate for it by posting another chapter today itself! :D