Chapter 7

Winter gasped from in a corner, while she stood next to one of her bookshelves, then spoke, “Selene?” she asked, gaping at the cyborg-girl that stood in her doorway. She had been hallucinating things for years now, surely this wasn't really Selene.

But it is her! look at her, the brown eyes, and the medium brown skin and hair, and that bone structure! It is her! I'm not going insane!... But if i’m not going insane, then why do I still see blood on the palace walls.

“You know me?” The girl asked interrupting Winter's thoughts. Suddenly Scarlet, her 'pet', whispered something into the girl’s ear, then to all the others that were standing next to her. She couldn't hear them over the pounding of her heart. She counted five of them… including Selene.

"Yes... Do you not remember me, Selene?" A look of hurt crosses over Winter's face.

"Ummm... no. Sorry, Winter."

"Then how do you know my name?"

"I'm pretty sure everyone on Luna and Earth knows your name," said a man with dirty-blonde hair.

"Who are you?" Winter asked.

Selene spoke then, "That doesn't matter right now, Winter. What matters is that you are coming with us, now."

"Cinder, no need to be rude," Emperor Kai scolded, “I’m sure she’s been through a lot. Especially with her stepmother being Levana.”

And what was Emperor Kai doing here? I thought he was kidnapped by Linh Cinder...Wait... is Cinder, Selene? She can’t-- What?

"Sorry Kai, but we have to get going! The guards will find us soon, and then we will all be on the chopping block! I will be the first to go; then there goes everyone's hope of dethroning Levana," Selene stated with a terrified expression on her face.

"I know Cinder, but-" Kai started but before he could finish she decided to speak up.

"Okay, I'll come with you," they all stared at her with mouths wide open. "What?" Winter asked.

"We didn't think you would come willingly," replied the Lunar Special Operative.

"Yeah, we thought we would have to kidnap you... Why are you coming willingly?" Selene said suspiciously.

Winter didn't know how she should respond to that question. There were so many reasons she was coming with them. Many of those reasons she wasn't supposed to speak of until the time was right. She decided to say the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh, Well...I loved Levana before she went crazy, after she became queen and my dad died she changed. I miss using my gift and don't want to be queen, so I will do whatever it takes to help Selene become queen."

"Really?" They all asked in unison.

"Yes, of course... on one condition."

"What is it?" Scarlet wondered.

"We save Jacin from his execution," they were once again staring at her as if she was crazy. But was okay with her because she knew that was how she was supposed to act.

"Sorry but no," said Selene. That was the last thing Winter heard before she fell to the ground after being knocked unconscious by a dart in her side.

______________________________________________________

Lunartics,

Thank you so much for 161 reads! It makes me so happy that people are enjoying my story! I am soooooo sorry that this chapter is so short. Please follow/vote/comment! I want to hear what you think and if you have any ideas/recommendations about adding/fixing the story. I'm open to almost anything to make my story better!

Keep reading,
PrincessSelene04