Chapter 16

C I N D E R

Hundreds of Lunar guards surrounded the Rampion. Cinder didn't know how the nine of them would make it out. The last time they were surrounded it was only a few dozen guards. She couldn't glamour hundreds. Could she?

One of the guards held a portscreen to his mouth, "Linh Cinder, we have you surrounded. You and your crew must exit the ship immediately. We will not hesitate to use deadly force."

"Cress, do you remember what we talked about?" Cinder questioned.

Cress stuttered, "Yes. Should I--"

"Right now."

Cress rushed out of the room without another word. Stars this better work.

"What exactly is Cress doing?" Kai looked at Cinder suspiciously. Should she tell him to give him an ounce of hope? Or should she not let him get his hopes up?

"Cress got us in, and there's a very slim possibility that she can get us back out." She answered simply. She didn't want to give away too much of the plan she and Cress, Iko, Scarlet, and Wolf had created over the past few days.

"Why didn't you tell us you were planning something?" Thorne asked.

Cinder let out an exasperated sigh, "We don't have time for this! Scarlet I need you to pilot the ship out of here and the to the coordinates I gave you yesterday."

"Why does Scarlet get to drive? What can't I?" Thorne protested.

Everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and stared at him.

"What?"

"Because you can't drive!" Scarlet answered.

"But my eyesight is back! Doesn't that qualify me to--"

"No!" Cinder, Kai, Jacin, Wolf, and Scarlet shouted at him.

Thorne frowned, "Fine."

Cinder's thoughts turned back to their plan. "Wolf I need you to--" but before she could finish her sentence Wolf ran out of the room. She rushed over to Jacin who was helping Scarlet with the ship.

"Jacin, I need you to get yourself, Winter, Thorne, and Kai into the podship. it's going to be a bumpy ride and I don't want any of you getting hurt. Wolf is already down there waiting for you. He's going to secure everything in the loading dock."

Jacin quickly nodded his head and headed toward the door. He stopped dead in his tracks, though. "What about you four?"

"We'll be fine, now go!"

Jacin lead them to the podship. Now it was just Cinder, Scarlet, and Iko, in the cockpit.

Cinder looked out the window again, there were even more guards, and they kept piling into the once abandoned lava tube. "Iko check on Cress." She demanded.

Iko left the room.

"Do you think we have a chance?" Scarlet questioned.

Her response was hesitant and unsure. "Probably not. But we at least have to try. Otherwise the Earthen Union will be doomed for eternity." Despite Cinder's urge to give up, she kept going. She kept reassuring herself that everything will work out in the end, even though she truly had no hope. She had no idea what she was doing, nor would she ever.

Wolf entered thee room again, "They're all safely in the podship. Should I tell Cress to open it up?"

"No, Iko already went." Scarlet said.

The three of them look up to where there once used to be rock, but where there was now a gigantic hole. The guards were taken out into the vacuum of space.

Scarlet quickly pilots the ship out of the tubes and back into space. It was a rocky take off but they managed it.

Now it was time for Cinder to find her father.

_________________________________________________

Hallo Lunartics!

Yeah...I'm sorry it's taking me so long to update. I have no excuses. So I'm still editing, in case you haven't noticed. The story is turning into third person point of view. Please keep reading and don't give up on me! I feel like a terrible author! I don't deserve the 8,563 reads you have given me for this story...

Keep reading, I guess,

PrincessSelene04